Width affects margins under IE6-7

Alex

Dec 24, 2007, 3:26:19 PM12/24/07
Hello.

I have a simple html that works good under FF and Opera, but under IE
I see unexpected left margin for the input box. This only happens when
the 'width' specified (the actual value does not matter).

- - - - - - -
<input type="input" value="some value"></input>
- - - - - - -

Why this happens?

Thank you for your time,
- Alex

Edward Hass

Dec 25, 2007, 2:01:01 AM12/25/07
"Alex" <ache...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Why does this happen? It's Internet Explorer! ;-)

To stop it from happening, wrap it in a form tag -
<form method="get" action="thisformname.html" style="margin:0;">
<input ... as above></input>
</form>

GTalbot

Dec 26, 2007, 11:44:42 AM12/26/07

Alex,

I have reported your bug finding at bug item #96 in

Bugs in Internet Explorer 7
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/MarginLeftAppliedTwiceToInputTextBox.html

I may improve that demo/testcase later... bit busy right now...

Season's greetings and regards, Gérard

Alex

Jan 1, 2008, 11:44:27 AM1/1/08
Thank you both for your responses... And Happy New Year! Love, luck
and less bugs in 2008 for everybody :-)