Converting to https

Stan Brown

Jan 21, 2017, 3:32:02 PM1/21/17
Question: Do I need to do anything more to satisfy Google?

My host, Siteground, has created free Let's Encrypt certificates.
They instructed me[1] to add these lines to .htaccess:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://brownmath.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I did that, and indeed it seems to work. I verified redirections of
these forms:
http://BrownMath.com/ --> https://BrownMath.com/
http://BrownMath.com/stat/ --> https://BrownMath.com/stat/
http://BrownMath.com/swt/chap02.htm -->
https://BrownMath.com/swt/chap02.htm
http://BrownMath.com/swt/chap03.htm#c03_Salaries -->
https://BrownMath.com/swt/chap03.htm#c03_Salaries

I edited the http://BrownMath.com/sitemap.txt file, replacing http:
with https:, and submitted it to Google. Of course search results are
still returning http: links, but it normally takes Google a couple of
days to crawl my site so I'm not worried about that as such.

But is there something else I should have done so that Google indexes
the site with https links, or do I not even care since they're all
redirected anyway? Is there any other test I should perform?

[1] https://www.siteground.com/kb/how-to-force-ssl-with-htaccess/

http://BrownMath.com/
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
HTML 4.01 spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/