Is this eye catching - or simply hideous?

Mike Abbott

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

I've been revising my site and wanted to avoid the 'designer black
background' approach. Having spent too many days working on it I'm now too
close to the job to decide whether what I've created is just bright - or
simply hideous.

What do you think?

the new site (under test - models for sale link is not operative - all
other links are) is at:

http://www.vgd.co.uk

the old site - which is being replaced - and which you may like to view
for comparison is at:

http://www.mda1.demon.co.uk

I'd appreciate your comments - good or bad - either here or via e-mail

Thanks,

Mike A.

Jeff Farkas

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
to Mike Abbott
Hi Mike,

Mike Abbott wrote:

> I've been revising my site and wanted to avoid the 'designer black
> background' approach. Having spent too many days working on it I'm now too
> close to the job to decide whether what I've created is just bright - or
> simply hideous.
>
> What do you think?

To be honest, I think you need to tone down the colors a bit. Actually,
tune it down a lot. While the layout looks fine the color is.....hideous.

> the new site (under test - models for sale link is not operative - all
> other links are) is at:
>
> http://www.vgd.co.uk
>
> the old site - which is being replaced - and which you may like to view
> for comparison is at:
>
> http://www.mda1.demon.co.uk
>
> I'd appreciate your comments - good or bad - either here or via e-mail

Now this is a very good site and I like it a lot.

> Thanks,
>
> Mike A.

Sorry Mike, but the new site does need a little work. And let me know
when you have cleaned it up. Good Luck.

--
Jeff Farkas
Jeffre...@earthlink.net

COBOL FAQ:
http://pw2.netcom.com/~wmklein/cobolfaq.htm

"I calculated the odds of this thing succeeding versus the odds of
it doing something incredibly stupid. . and. . I went ahead anyway"
{Crow from MST3K}

Matt Pryor

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
Jeff Farkas wrote:
> To be honest, I think you need to tone down the colors a bit. Actually,
> tune it down a lot. While the layout looks fine the color is.....hideous.

I quite like the orange background - but yellow text on top does look
like somebody has had a particularly nasty case of projectile vomit onto
my computer screen. And I think I have a migraine coming on.....

--
Matt's daily comic strip
Porridge and Fartcakes

Mike Abbott

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98

> I quite like the orange background - but yellow text on top does look
> like somebody has had a particularly nasty case of projectile vomit onto
> my computer screen. And I think I have a migraine coming on.....

Maybe you need a screen calibration utility... ;)

...OTOH, if it is the vomit, then yup, it's a _very_ nasty case.... <G>

Mike A.