What is Web 3.0 from the viewpoint of HTML?

Mr. Man-wai Chang

May 8, 2023, 12:15:39 PM5/8/23
What is Web 3.0 from the viewpoint of HTML?

JJ

May 8, 2023, 12:57:49 PM5/8/23
On Tue, 9 May 2023 00:15:31 +0800, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> What is Web 3.0 from the viewpoint of HTML?

Unlike Web 2.0 which is about social crap and shouldn't have been a Web
specification (it defines the content rather than the architecture), Web 3.0
should have been Web 2.0, because it actually involves how the web is
implemented.

Arno Welzel

May 9, 2023, 2:38:06 AM5/9/23
Mr. Man-wai Chang, 2023-05-08 18:15:

> What is Web 3.0 from the viewpoint of HTML?

"Web 3.0" is the euphemistic label for "next generation internet
services" which are based on blockchain technologies, artificial
intelligence, internet of things and so on.

But even with "Web 3.0" we will likley still use HTML, CSS and
JavaScript and so far there will not be anything new for that. Maybe
there will be some new APIs for JavaScript and some new elements in HTML
or CSS - but this is just the normal development as it also happend for
Websockets, WebGL, WebAssembly etc. - without calling it "Web 2.5" or
similar.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Arno Welzel

May 9, 2023, 2:41:54 AM5/9/23
JJ, 2023-05-08 18:57:
"Web" is not "implemented". "Web" is just the overall label for servers
which host websites which use HTML, CSS und JavaScript to provide
services like content publishing or interactive services like "social
media" or games.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

May 18, 2023, 11:31:06 AM5/18/23
On 9/5/2023 2:38 pm, Arno Welzel wrote:
> But even with "Web 3.0" we will likley still use HTML, CSS and
> JavaScript and so far there will not be anything new for that. Maybe
> there will be some new APIs for JavaScript and some new elements in HTML
> or CSS - but this is just the normal development as it also happend for
> Websockets, WebGL, WebAssembly etc. - without calling it "Web 2.5" or
> similar.

That's also what I thought about... :)