somethings about headers?

Dale

May 10, 2022, 5:43:19 AM5/10/22

Here is a header ...

<h2>Text</h2>

how do I have it not bold?

the default is bold

Here is a colored header ...

<h2 style="color: #818285;">Text</h2>

how do I have that one bold?

--
Mystery? -> https://www.dalekelly.org/

Sam Hill

May 10, 2022, 7:54:15 AM5/10/22
On Tue, 10 May 2022 05:43:23 -0400, Dale wrote:

> Here is a header ...
> <h2>Text</h2>
> how do I have it not bold?

If it's not to be bold, it is probably not a "header". Use something else,
maybe: <p>This is not bold text.</p>

> the default is bold
> Here is a colored header ...
> <h2 style="color: #818285;">Text</h2>
> how do I have that one bold?

The default _is_ bold, so let it be. I think you need to rethink what
"headers" really are.

Arno Welzel

May 10, 2022, 8:26:26 AM5/10/22
Dale:

> Here is a header ...
>
> <h2>Text</h2>
>
> how do I have it not bold?
>
> the default is bold

By adding the required style as CSS:

font-weight: normal

> Here is a colored header ...
>
> <h2 style="color: #818285;">Text</h2>
>
> how do I have that one bold?

By adding the required style as CSS:

font-weight: bold

I'm curious - you managed to learn how to add a style inline but you
don't know about font attributes? Maybe you should at least read some
documentation about HTML and CSS at all.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Jukka K. Korpela

May 10, 2022, 11:44:30 AM5/10/22
Dale wrote:

> Here is a header ...
>
> <h2>Text</h2>

It’s called “heading”.

> how do I have it not bold?

By using CSS:

h2 { font-weight: normal }

This makes all h2 elements not bold.

> Here is a colored header ...
>
> <h2 style="color: #818285;">Text</h2>
>
> how do I have that one bold?

If you use the CSS code I suggested, you need to override it. You can
use various selectors to select one specific h2 element, but if you are
using inline CSS anyway (not recommended in general), you might as well
use it for this:

<h2 style="color: #818285; font-weight: bold;">Text</h2>

Lewis

May 10, 2022, 12:00:49 PM5/10/22
In message <t5dc3k$jdh$1...@dont-email.me> Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

> Here is a header ...

> <h2>Text</h2>

> how do I have it not bold?

CSS is your friend.

(we have covered this before).

All HTML tags have a default CSS associated with them. The h# tags have
a default style of bold. As with anything else in HTML, you can use CSS
to change these defaults.

--
I am by nature made for my own good, not my own evil

Dale

May 10, 2022, 12:20:01 PM5/10/22
Thank You !!!!

Dale

May 10, 2022, 12:20:46 PM5/10/22
how can I change the size of a <p> ?

Sam Hill

May 10, 2022, 1:52:18 PM5/10/22
On Tue, 10 May 2022 12:20:52 -0400, Dale wrote:

>> The default _is_ bold, so let it be. I think you need to rethink what
>> "headers" really are.
>
> how can I change the size of a <p> ?

If that was the first thing that came to your mind, I think you need to
step back from the CSS and instead concentrate on how to plan a document
and its parts.

[Excerpt:]

<h1>Title of my Book</h1>
<h2>Chapter One</h2>

<h2>Chapter Two</h2>

You don't choose the HTML element for its size, but for its job. Once you
have the above in control, visit here:
https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Philip Herlihy

May 11, 2022, 5:48:15 AM5/11/22
In article <jdv3vf...@mid.individual.net>, Arno Welzel wrote...

> Dale:
>
> > Here is a header ...
> >
> > <h2>Text</h2>
> >
> > how do I have it not bold?

> ... Maybe you should at least read some
> documentation about HTML and CSS at all.

+1

--

Phil, London

Lewis

May 12, 2022, 1:42:49 AM5/12/22
It's been years, he's obviously not going to do that.

--
No taxation without misrepresentation.

Philip Herlihy

May 12, 2022, 6:08:48 AM5/12/22
In article <slrnt7p7in....@zephyrus.local>, Lewis wrote...
For the killfile, then, sadly. I'm quite happy to help a beginner along - very
often a thoughtful explanation of something you'd forgotten you once puzzled
over can unblock progress. But spoon-feeding is something else. And it's
still feasible he's a troll, asking ever-more stupid questions and laughing at
our attempts to answer them.

--

Phil, London

Dale

May 12, 2022, 12:15:41 PM5/12/22
C'mon ...

Philip Herlihy

May 13, 2022, 7:02:15 AM5/13/22
In article <t5jbrb$nq0$2...@dont-email.me>, Dale wrote...
It's clear from the question above that you haven't read even a beginner's book
on CSS (assuming you're genuine, which I can't). That's just wasting
everyone's time.

If I'm wrong and you are genuine, and books (like the ones I posted for you in
a previous thread) aren't your thing, then try searching YouTube for "CSS
beginner tutorial".

But if books really aren't your thing, this likely isn't the field for you.

--

Phil, London

Dale

May 13, 2022, 5:34:21 PM5/13/22
I'm more of a systems person than a programmer

USENET groups are such a nice source ...

I'll try to do a WWW search first

why read a book when you have access to "the information superhighway" ?

w3schools is pretty good

I have been hacking at HTML since the mid 90's

back then w3c.org was a better school source than w3.org

w3.org had a lot of "Pop ups" when I was there, this is called w3schools
now and is good

I think w3c.org doesn't have school any more

CSS is a rather new thing for me

Arno Welzel

May 15, 2022, 7:49:07 AM5/15/22
Dale:

[...]
> CSS is a rather new thing for me

<https://www.mygreatlearning.com/blog/css-tutorial/>

Lewis

May 16, 2022, 3:05:35 AM5/16/22
In message <jec7lg...@mid.individual.net> Arno Welzel <use...@arnowelzel.de> wrote:
> Dale:

> [...]
>> CSS is a rather new thing for me

Because you've been actively avoiding it. CSS2 has been around since
1998.

> <https://www.mygreatlearning.com/blog/css-tutorial/>

that' not bad, though I prefer practical tutorials of describe a problem
and show how to solve it and what the solution means.

--
IT WOULD BE A MILLION TO ONE CHANCE, said Death. EXACTLY A MILLION TO
ONE CHANCE. 'Oh,' said the Bursar, intensely relieved. 'Oh dear.