html video?

Dale

Mar 4, 2021, 9:07:51 PM3/4/21
Hi!

Here is an example of code I use for video ...

<video controls>
<source
src="https://www.dalekelly.org/images/Capture_20161219_2.mp4"
type="video/mp4">
<source
src="https://www.dalekelly.org/images/Capture_20161219_2.ogg"
type="video/ogg">
Your browser does not support the MP4 or OGG video tags.
</video>

On iPhone Safari an arrow pops up.

How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?

--
Dale -> https://www.dalekelly.org/
Universalist <-> Mystic <-> Medium

😉 Good Guy 😉

Mar 4, 2021, 9:21:29 PM3/4/21
On 05/03/2021 02:07, Dale wrote:

How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?

These days you need to to start using WebM format for everything because it has become the de-facto standard for the web.  It is NOW developed by Google and so you know it must be the standard! :-D

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM>

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Dale

Mar 4, 2021, 11:13:23 PM3/4/21
On 3/4/2021 9:21 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 05/03/2021 02:07, Dale wrote:
>>

>> How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?
>>

> These days you need to to start using WebM format for everything because
> it has become the de-facto standard for the web.  It is NOW developed by
> Google and so you know it must be the standard! :-D
>
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM>

Thank You !!!!

but it says Safari doesn't support it yet?

😉 Good Guy 😉

Mar 5, 2021, 11:03:25 AM3/5/21
On 05/03/2021 02:07, Dale wrote:

How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?

These days you need to to start using WebM format for everything because it has become the de-facto standard for the web.  It is NOW developed by Google and so you know it must be the standard! :-D

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM>

Thank You !!!!

but it says Safari doesn't support it yet?

But only 3 people on this planet actually use safari and they are based in a country where they might known even have heard of you.  Please target the vast majority of people because that is the way forward.  You can't waste time on minorities!! unless you are running a charity.

Dale

Mar 5, 2021, 12:29:35 PM3/5/21
On 3/5/2021 11:03 AM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 05/03/2021 04:13, Dale wrote:

>>> These days you need to to start using WebM format for everything
>>> because it has become the de-facto standard for the web.  It is NOW
>>> developed by Google and so you know it must be the standard! :-D
>>>
>>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM>
>>>

>> Thank You !!!!
>>
>> but it says Safari doesn't support it yet?
>>

> But only 3 people on this planet actually use safari and they are based
> in a country where they might known even have heard of you. Please
> target the vast majority of people because that is the way forward.  You
> can't waste time on minorities!! unless you are running a charity.

Safari is the default web browser on an iPhone?

Arno Welzel

Mar 6, 2021, 12:14:31 PM3/6/21
Dale:

> Hi!
>
> Here is an example of code I use for video ...
>

> <video controls>
> <source
> src="https://www.dalekelly.org/images/Capture_20161219_2.mp4"
> type="video/mp4">
> <source
> src="https://www.dalekelly.org/images/Capture_20161219_2.ogg"
> type="video/ogg">
> Your browser does not support the MP4 or OGG video tags.
> </video>

What is a "video tag"?

It is called "video format" and not "tag".

> On iPhone Safari an arrow pops up.
>
> How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?

By using a supprted format. Not every browser supports every video
format. You may need to provide the video as WebM as well.

--
Arno Welzel
https://arnowelzel.de

Dale

Mar 6, 2021, 1:18:55 PM3/6/21
my webcam saves files as *.mp4

I used to find a way to convert to *.ogg but don't remember it

how can I convert *mp4 to WebM ?

I have Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020

Dale

Mar 6, 2021, 1:54:54 PM3/6/21
WebM isn't an option to share out a video from Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020

😉 Good Guy 😉

Mar 6, 2021, 2:04:39 PM3/6/21
On 06/03/2021 18:54, Dale wrote:

WebM isn't an option to share out a video from Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020

James Kirk

Mar 6, 2021, 2:42:07 PM3/6/21
In Message: <s20h2d$aag$1...@dont-email.me>
Dale <da...@dalekelly.org> wrote:

> On 3/6/2021 12:14 PM, Arno Welzel wrote:

>> Dale:

[snip]

>>> On iPhone Safari an arrow pops up.

>>> How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?

No clue what that would be, not everyone has access to an iPhone.

>> By using a supprted format. Not every browser supports every video
>> format. You may need to provide the video as WebM as well.

> my webcam saves files as *.mp4

> I used to find a way to convert to *.ogg but don't remember it

> how can I convert *mp4 to WebM ?

Perhaps you could search for handbrake video converter. I personally
use ffmpeg, but the command line is not for everyone.

> I have Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020

https://caniuse.com/?search=mp4

https://caniuse.com/?search=webm

Depending on the codecs used, you really should not have to use
anything other than mp4.

It would likely save some bandwidth if you were to re-encode your
videos regardless if you were to choose mp4 or webm.

webm would more than likely be the smallest if encoded in a similar
manner.

mp4 would likely be more portable as far as devices that would play
it.

If I recall correctly Safari on mobile devices is not updated, only
updates when the OS is updated. Which would mean that Safari is just
as old as the OS is, and more then likely way out of date compared
to chrome.

So in my opinion asking for help with Safari is like asking for help
with IE 6 … just not going to happen.

--
J𝕒𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕂𝕚𝕣𝕜

Dale

Mar 6, 2021, 3:07:30 PM3/6/21
On 3/6/2021 2:04 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
> On 06/03/2021 18:54, Dale wrote:
>>

>> WebM isn't an option to share out a video from Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020
>>
> You can according to this:
>
> <https://help.videostudiopro.com/videostudio/v20/main/en/documentation/index.html#page/videostudio-x10/h2-supported-file-formats.html>
>

> [ File formats ] <https://i.imgur.com/WHNkIx8.png>

Thank You !

Found it !

Dale

Mar 6, 2021, 3:10:21 PM3/6/21
Found export WebM on Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020

its under Share/Custom

Lewis

Mar 7, 2021, 4:02:58 AM3/7/21
In message <5cd8110d-c9d33210...@james.kirk.invalid> James Kirk <noneya....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Depending on the codecs used, you really should not have to use
> anything other than mp4.

there's a surprising number of Windows machine that barf all over mp4
containers.

I don't care, I'm not re-encoding videos for broken windows installs.

> webm would more than likely be the smallest if encoded in a similar
> manner.

Not in my experience, they are either the same size or slightly larger
than h.264 in mp4.

> mp4 would likely be more portable as far as devices that would play
> it.

Yep. Should be fine with Macs, Win 10, Android, and iOS with no
problems.

> If I recall correctly Safari on mobile devices is not updated, only
> updates when the OS is updated. Which would mean that Safari is just
> as old as the OS is, and more then likely way out of date compared
> to chrome.

Safari development has nothing to do with Chrome, and Safari has many
features that Chrome will never have.

> So in my opinion asking for help with Safari is like asking for help
> with IE 6 … just not going to happen.

Ignoring a billion web users is idiotic.

--
Keep calm and 🎼Let it Go🎵

Lewis

Mar 7, 2021, 4:03:56 AM3/7/21
In message <s20jo5$2m3$1...@news.mixmin.net> 😉 Good Guy 😉 <Hello...@example.com> wrote:

Please learn how to post.

--
And I'm nor insane, my mother had me tested.

Arno Welzel

Mar 7, 2021, 5:00:42 PM3/7/21
Dale:

> On 3/6/2021 12:14 PM, Arno Welzel wrote:
>> Dale:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Here is an example of code I use for video ...
>>>

>>> <video controls>
>>> <source
>>> src="https://www.dalekelly.org/images/Capture_20161219_2.mp4"
>>> type="video/mp4">
>>> <source
>>> src="https://www.dalekelly.org/images/Capture_20161219_2.ogg"
>>> type="video/ogg">
>>> Your browser does not support the MP4 or OGG video tags.
>>> </video>
>>
>> What is a "video tag"?
>>
>> It is called "video format" and not "tag".
>>

>>> On iPhone Safari an arrow pops up.
>>>
>>> How can I have a Windows desktop computer do this?
>>
>> By using a supprted format. Not every browser supports every video
>> format. You may need to provide the video as WebM as well.
>>

> my webcam saves files as *.mp4
>
> I used to find a way to convert to *.ogg but don't remember it
>
> how can I convert *mp4 to WebM ?

<https://www.google.com/search?q=convert+video+to+webm>

Dale

Mar 7, 2021, 6:38:20 PM3/7/21
Thank You!

I found how to export to WebM using Corel VideoStudio Pro 2020