???How do you include URL link in newsgroup message???HELP

0 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Onbekend

ongelezen,
22 jun. 1995 03:00:0022-06-1995
aan
I am looking for instructions on how to include URL site and email hypertext links
inside newsgroup messages and email. I am using HoTMetaL. Does Eudora have the
capabilities of mailing multiple emails simul?? or sould I maybe change mail
software??

Thanks, Ray Chenier, (rche...@writer.synapse.net), Ottawa, Ontario.

Marcus I. Ryan

ongelezen,
22 jun. 1995 03:00:0022-06-1995
aan
In article <3sbv1f$7...@sentinel.synapse.net> (Ray Chenier) writes:
>From: (Ray Chenier)
>Subject: ???How do you include URL link in newsgroup message???HELP
>Date: 22 Jun 1995 14:34:23 GMT

Don't...just don't...

Although it is possible to put <A HREF=http://www.cce.iastate.edu/>A Link</A>
into a news message, these only appear as the HTML code to those of us that
don't use NetScape, Mosaic, etc., to read news. As I've demonstrated (to
those not using a Web-capable browser anyway), that code is VERY distracting
and obtrusive (I think that's the right word :)

Even in signatures it's repulsive. If you want to put a URL in there, fine,
great. Just don't bother putting the HTML code around it to make it a link.

*steps down from soapbox*

Thank you :)

Marcus I. Ryan |*Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice
Asst. SysAdmin, CCE Labs | doggie!' until you can find a rock.
sh...@iastate.edu |*Diplomacy - Letting someone else have
(515) 294-0715 | things your way.

Allen beantwoorden
Auteur beantwoorden