cgiemail template problems

Jane Knox

Aug 20, 2006, 11:42:23 PM8/20/06
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I did try using "productcode" for the
value, but it didn't return anything at all. Here's the line from the
html page with the form on it:

<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="Aca'sBettyDavis" VALUE="productcode">Aca's
Betty Davis<br><hr>

The only thing that changes in that line above is the name,
Aca'sBettyDavis becomes one of 1199 other names. This line is repeated
1200 times with a different name in there.

This is the email template that I'm using:

What is your name? [yourname]
What is your email address? [email]
What is your telephone number? [telnumber]

African Violets Ordered:

[productcode]

What I really need this form to do is to return the name of the violet
that they've checked off. It could be one checkbox or 1200 checkboxes,
just depends on the person doing the ordering.

I just know it's something silly that I'm missing, but I just can't
figure it out. And I'm no kind of programmer at all!! :) Thanks for any
help.

Jane

--
PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a
SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are

HOW TO POST to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi:
http://www.thinkspot.net/ciwac/howtopost.html

HornyShauny

Aug 21, 2006, 5:33:56 AM8/21/06
You need to give each checkbox the same name, so NAME="productcode" and
then change the value based on what you want to recive so
VALUE="Aca'sBettyDavis"..