Premature End of Script Headers Mystery

matt

Sep 29, 2006, 1:37:16 PM9/29/06
Hello all,

So, I'm migrating a site from my test-server (Powerbook running
Apache/Darwin BSD) to my web host and all my CGI scripts are giving me
that error. The header error is also the only error that's showing up
in the error_log.

I've checked all the usual suspects:

file permissions (775)
syntax (perl -Tc is clean)
malformed headers (using CGI.pm->header(), so not likely)
script runs fine from command line on web server (which I believe rules
out binary transfer and carraige returns)

The site is on a managed server which has an automated setup process,
so its highly unlikely that this is a bad ScriptAlias directive.

Any thoughts?

Matt

--
PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a
SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are

HOW TO POST to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi:
http://www.thinkspot.net/ciwac/howtopost.html

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Sep 29, 2006, 3:17:24 PM9/29/06
matt wrote:
> I've checked all the usual suspects:
>
> file permissions (775)

<snip>

> The site is on a managed server which has an automated setup process,

One thought: If suEXEC is enabled, the group must not have write access.
Have you tried permissions 755?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

ni...@asgard.webthing.com

Sep 29, 2006, 5:10:35 PM9/29/06
In article <1159526947.2...@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

"matt" <leon...@hawaii.rr.com> writes:
> So, I'm migrating a site from my test-server (Powerbook running
> Apache/Darwin BSD) to my web host and all my CGI scripts are giving me
> that error. The header error is also the only error that's showing up
> in the error_log.

And in the suexec log?

> file permissions (775)

Too permissive. A security-minded server will refuse to run it.

Also check other 'usual suspects' such as SELinux.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674

J. Moreno

Oct 1, 2006, 8:15:21 PM10/1/06
ni...@asgard.webthing.com () wrote:
> In article <1159526947.2...@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> "matt" <leon...@hawaii.rr.com> writes:
> > So, I'm migrating a site from my test-server (Powerbook running
> > Apache/Darwin BSD) to my web host and all my CGI scripts are giving me
> > that error. The header error is also the only error that's showing up
> > in the error_log.
>
> And in the suexec log?
>
> > file permissions (775)
>
> Too permissive. A security-minded server will refuse to run it.
>
> Also check other 'usual suspects' such as SELinux.

I recently saw a similar problem, where the server was refusing to run a
script because the DIRECTORY it was in was world-writeable (how the
directory became world writable is another question....).

--
J. Moreno