calling a cgi script from a cgi script using OO

Jennifer Mead

Jul 3, 2006, 3:42:00 PM7/3/06
Hi Folks, I am an ex cgi programmer just getting back into it. I have been
told to use object oriented programming on all of my programs. OK. That is
fine, however I cannot find a reference to tell me how to call another cgi
script in oo from my cgi script. There are tons of examples on how to get
that data once the new form is called, and lots of examples on how to call a
script using HTML tags etc. I am using cgi.pm. Anyone out there with some
syntax to do what I am asking? What I have been trying to figure out is how
to let someone hit a radio button that I have loaded a bunch of data from an
Oracle database and have that call another script sending the "key" (radio
button data) to the other script. I can post code example if necessary. I
was using the button at the bottom titled "edit" and trying to use that to
call the next page and send the data. Thanks.

--
PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a
SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are

HOW TO POST to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi:
http://www.thinkspot.net/ciwac/howtopost.html

jen

Jul 3, 2006, 6:12:19 PM7/3/06
OK, after much chewing of the fingers and wanting to scream I ended up
using action in the start_form call. That is so not apparent in the
docs. Anyway, onto my next hurdle, thanks anyway. --Jen

jen

Jul 3, 2006, 6:12:21 PM7/3/06
This is Jennifer, this note seems alittle confusing as I read it. I
want some syntax that I can use at the end of my script after I do a
call

if param()
{
call the webpage here
}

I think that is more clear. Anyone have the syntax for that?