** MINI-FAQ **

1 view

Kate McDonnell

Jan 31, 2001, 1:16:45 AM1/31/01
The comp.infosystems.www.announce archive at
http://www.ibiblio.org/ciwa-bin/query is down
until further notice. The kind folks at ibiblio.org
are recovering from a disk crash. I'll post a notice
when it comes back.

The moderated newsgroup comp.infosystems.www.announce exists
so people can publicize their NON-COMMERCIAL websites and
other web-related resources (services, software, conferences)
of potentially worldwide interest.

We don't announce non-web-based resources like mailing lists,
newsletters or IRC channels.

To post to this newsgroup, simply post in the normal way. The
article will not appear immediately but will go to the
moderator's mailbox for consideration.

Or, if you suspect your news server may not be handling articles
properly for moderated groups - it happens - email directly to
www-an...@boutell.com and remember to send a plain
text message, not an attachment. Keep in mind that you are
writing the announcement - the moderator isn't.

To format your post, word-wrap your text under 80 characters
per line, and don't send any HTML. Also, please send a little
more than just a URL. A good subject line and a brief
description of your website or resource are essential.

That's the FAQ in a nutshell. The details can be found in the
charter at http://vader.boutell.com/~grant/charter.html

I often get "announcements" for unfinished sites. If you need
help with your website, look at the comp.infosystems.www.authoring
hierarchy and post in an appropriate newsgroup. I only post sites
here that are ready for prime time.

--
Kate McDonnell, moderator, comp.infosystems.www.announce
<www-an...@boutell.com>