KIS Newsletter August 2004

1 view

keefner

Aug 10, 2004, 2:05:48 PM8/10/04
August 6, 2004

KIOSK INFORMATION SYSTEMS Newsletter

<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/newsletters/images/mcd-counter.jpg> Welcome
to the August edition of the KIS newsletter. Since our prior edition
we've had nothing but good news. In May 2004 we picked up seven awards
at the industry KioskCom show held in Las Vegas. We also were awarded
the 2004 Vertical Market Penetration Leadership award by Frost and
Sullivan, a very prestigious research firm.

Whether it be POS COE terminals, Security biometric stations, Assisted
Shopping, Music Download, Photo kiosks, Bill Payment, Ticketing, HR
Employees to Job Applications and Gaming, KIS can help equip your
company for unattended self-service.

<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/newsletters/images/dan-pagano.jpg>
Meet KIS! Dan Pagano <mailto:dpa...@kis-kiosk.com> is a good person
to contact if you have never talked to anyone at KIS. Dan is married
with 2 stepdaughters and 2 grandkids, and lives in Evergreen. With
Airtouch/Verizon Dan was a member of the President's Club and was
awarded Sales Person of the Year one year. Also Dan was part of the
team that designed an award winning MAP program which ensures higher
level of
customer satisfaction.

Dan can give you a brief background on KIS, our products and services
and put you in touch with a local representative in your area. Dan's
number is 303-661-1675 (or main number 800-509-5471).

N E W S

Here are interesting news items and trends from the self-service
technology world we noted or are involved with.

* Job Kiosks
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000756.html#more> -
technology vendors turn their sights on automating the hiring of hourly
workers

* Patent Battles
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000759.html#more> --
Apples Settles with E-Data. Another 14 targeted (Microsoft has already
settled).

* Pay By Touch
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000758.html#more> -- The
Oxford, Swindon and Gloucester Co-op is piloting Pay By Touch biometric
payment technology in three stores around Oxfordshire in the UK.

* US Visit
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000754.html#more> - DHS
Begins Biometric Exit Pilot as Part of Us-Visit Program

* Review of Kodak Kiosk

<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000751.html#more> -- from
The Register in UK comes a nice user review of the Kodak kiosk.

* NASA Goes MIFARE
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000757.html#more> -- Field
trial summer 2004. If successful, 100,000 smart cards by end of 2005
deployed.

* Grand Haven Goes Wi-Fi
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000751.html#more> --
entire city goes totally Wi-Fi.

* Self-Service Research
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000744.html#more> -- IHL
thinks $128 Billion transacted in 2003 over self-service machines.

* Biometrics
<http://www.gokis.net/self-service/archives/000738.html#more> --
Piggly Wiggly Goes Fingerprint Scan for payment.

* Nevada DMV <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/press.html> -- New Self-Service
Kiosk Accepts Cash, Credit/Debit Cards, Reduces Wait Times

* KioskCom Awards
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/pr-kioskcom061104.html> -- KIS Takes Home a
Record Seven Awards at 3rd Annual KioskCom Interactive Kiosk Excellence
Awards

* Health Kiosks <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/pr-foodnotes0430.html> --
launch of the Foodnotes EasyAnswers Touchscreen kiosk
_____

If you are considering a kiosk project and would like to see what we
can do for you, <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/contact-gokis.html> Contact
Us.

KIS can solve your kiosk needs, whether you need 2 units or 2,000
units.
_____

Upcoming Events Calendar

* Oct 7-8 -- The Kiosk Show -- Boston: this year held in the home of
ideas and KIS is a major sponsor. If you want to set up a meeting you
can email us <a href=mailto:newsl...@gokis.net> (or call Dan!).
For more information visit the website
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/kioskshow> .

* Oct 13 -- HR Tech -- Chicago: in Boston this year the home of ideas
and KIS is a major sponsor. To arrange a meeting at the show email us
<mailto:newsl...@gokis.net> (or call Dan!). For more information
visit the website
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/hrtech> .

* Nov 8th -- KioskCom Miami -- Miami: KIS is the major sponsor for
KioskCom Miami. To schedule a meeting email us
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/kcmiami> .

_____

Visit our corporate site at www.kis-kiosk.com
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com> for the latest on our products and services
as well as our special features such as our Frequently Asked Questions,
Photo Kiosks, Interactive Kiosks and Outdoor Kiosk Tips. We also have
new updated brochures you can request.

<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/contact-gokis.html> Kiosk by KIS
Whether it is a photo kiosk or a music download kiosk or a standard
kiosk, be sure and check with KIS.

SIDEBAR

<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/contact-gokis.html> Here is US Visit kiosk.
It has passport reader and biometric fingerprint reader along with
video camera.

Photo Kiosk News: Here we have a "Bigshot" version and it comes with a
8x10 printer. <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/contact-photokiosk.html>

Our standard blue unit is available in three different
configurations as well.
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/contact-photokiosk.html>

New Brochures
New brochures for the QuickPIX photokiosk units as well as Human
Resources and Retail Applications are available online Link
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/pdfs/>

About KIS <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/aboutus.html> |
Standard Kiosks <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/standard.html> | Custom
Kiosks <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/custom.html> | Virtual Kiosks
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/workshop.html> | Service
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/service.html> | News
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/press.html> | KIS Partners
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/partners.html> | FAQ
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/faq.html> | Contacts
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/precontact.html>
GSA Kiosks <http://www.kis-kiosk.com/gsa.html> | Outdoor Kiosks
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/outdoor.html> | Internet Kiosks
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/internet-kiosk.html> | Photo Kiosks
<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/quickpix.html> | Interactive

<http://www.kis-kiosk.com/interactive-kiosks.html> Kiosks

Kiosk Information Systems designs, manufactures, delivers
and supports touchpoint kiosks. KIS is the largest producer of kiosks
in North America and has complete engineering, design, and support for
interactive kiosks.

It's everything we do. Call us at 800-509-5471.

--
Newsgroup: comp.infosystems.kiosks
homepage : http://www.visi.com/~keefner