KM & ICT in R&D: Two guest passes available to valuable contributors

Barry

Sep 27, 2007, 12:56:12 PM9/27/07
We would like to offer two guest passes to valuable contributors to
the meeting activity described below. You simply need to contact me
with a short description of your contribution (poster, interesting
software or experience you have to talk about etc. and you will have a
free ticket to a good experience). Offer open until filled.
best regards
Barry Hardy

Next month at Bryn Mawr (15-16 October) we return to the topic of ICT
and KM in R&D with our InnovationWell Community of Practice
discussions by taking a look at existing ICT solutions supporting R&D
activities including the increasing deployment of Collaborative
electronic Research & Development (CeR&D) and Electronic Laboratory
Notebook (ELN) systems. We will additionally explore the emerging
roles and impact of approaches emanating from semantic web research,
social software, web services and utility computing and Web 2.0/3.0
that are complimentary with structured IT systems to enable increased
productivity and innovation success within the context of the ever
increasing importance of collaboration within and between
organisations working in increasingly networked global research
initiatives and projects.

The workshop at Bryn Mawr will have a strong emphasis on peer-to-peer
discussions with each workshop session involving a facilitated
Knowledge Café discussion. On Monday evening we will have a Knowledge
Dinner with good food and conversation menus at the Wyndham Alumni
House, whereas on Tuesday evening we will have a poster session,
drinks reception and buffet dinner in Thomas Great Hall.

For Poster Presentations, you can present as a traditional poster or
setup a computer-based presentation of software for discussion.
Wireless and Internet connectivity are available. Abstracts ca.
300-500 words should be sent to me.

We will discuss and share experiences with current information and
communications technology (ICT) supporting R&D, to discuss current
requirements and short term needs with electronic laboratory notebook
(ELN) systems, collaboration support and knowledge tools supporting
R&D, and to create a shared vision and roadmap for next generation
knowledge management (KM) support systems. A wiki will be opened prior
to the workshop to commence group documentation of supporting
materials and to help to populate the workshop program with
introductory materials, suggestions, ideas and experiences. The wiki
will continue to be available after the workshop for supporting
continuing interactions in 2008.

Presentations to seed Discussions

Dimitris K. Agrafiotis, Vice President of Informatics, Johnson &
Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, LLC; The ABCD ELN:
Towards a Fully Integrated Discovery Enterprise

Frank Guerino, CEO, TraverseIT; Semantic-based Frameworks for
Enterprise Content Management

Carl Elkin, Principal Scientist, Schering-Plough; Building Knowledge
Infrastructure: A Bottom-up Wiki in a Large Company

David Gilmour, CEO, Tacit; Peer-to-Peer Knowledge Sharing -
Implications for Enterprise Knowledge Management

Alex Heiphetz, CEO, Delta L Training; Training Simulations and Metrics
in Second Life

Marisol Wesson, CEO, TMS; Enterprise Knowledge Portals and Application
Integration for supporting Collaboration

Richard Lysakowski, President, CENSA; Collaborative eR&D - Vision and
Strategy to Product Realities

Jeff Spitzner, CSO, Rescentris; Research Knowledge Management for the
Post-ELN Era: Envisioning a Multi-Scale 'Scientist's Desktop' with
Unified Information Services, Management and Collaboration

Gladys Range, Consulting Engineer; GVR Systems Automation, Semantic
Knowledge Infrastructures and Services for R&D

Program (as pdf download): http://barryhardy.blogs.com/theferryman/files/KMWorkshopBrynMawr07web2.PDF

More Information at: http://www.innovationwell.net/COMTY_kmworkshopbrynmawr07

best regards

Barry Hardy, PhD