gopher driving directions

Ben Collver

Nov 8, 2022, 11:42:25 PM11/8/22
Here is a gopher interface for Google driving directions.

gopher://tilde.pink/1/~bencollver/dir/

This gopher interface is a front-end to the following web page.

https://gdir.telae.net/

Marco Moock

Nov 9, 2022, 3:09:06 AM11/9/22
Am 09.11.2022 um 04:42:24 Uhr schrieb Ben Collver:

> Here is a gopher interface for Google driving directions.
>
> gopher://tilde.pink/1/~bencollver/dir/

Great, but some characters are not displayed properly (I use
original "gopher" client in Ubuntu):

Enter display options: 0

�~@� 5mins Continue onto Speyerer Str. 3.2km
�~@� 1min Turn left onto Langer Anger 0.1km

Transport and Copyright Notices

Map data ©2022 GeoBasis-DE/BKG (©2009)

--> [33] Get other directions/

Ben Collver

Nov 9, 2022, 10:35:26 AM11/9/22
On 2022-11-09, Marco Moock <mo...@posteo.de> wrote:
> Great, but some characters are not displayed properly (I use
> original "gopher" client in Ubuntu):

Thanks for the report. I changed it to use an ASCII asterisk instead of
UTF-8 bullet points, so it ought to display properly now.

The UTF-8 bullet points displayed correctly for me in gopherus and
lynx, both on FreeDOS and Linux.

lucidiot

Nov 9, 2022, 2:01:21 PM11/9/22
"Ben Collver" <benco...@tilde.pink> a écrit dans le message de news:
slrntmmbn5.g...@svadhyaya.localdomain...
Looks pretty cool! I do have to make some sad french person noises though:
accents cause "unacceptable URL" errors:
gopher://tilde.pink/7/~bencollver/dir/step7/fr/Paris/Orl%C3%A9ans/2/0%090

Same with anything that contains a space:
gopher://tilde.pink/7/~bencollver/dir/step7/fr/Paris%20Gare%20de%20Lyon/Paris%20Gare%20du%20Nord/1/0%090

The URL does work if you just escape the spaces:
https://gdir.telae.net/cgi-bin/gdir_web.py?country=fr&origin=Paris%20Gare%20de%20Lyon&destination=Paris%20Gare%20du%20Nord&mode_of_travel=transit

Ben Collver

Nov 9, 2022, 3:57:28 PM11/9/22
On 2022-11-09, lucidiot <luci...@laposte.net> wrote:
> Looks pretty cool! I do have to make some sad french person noises though:
> accents cause "unacceptable URL" errors:

Thanks for the feedback. This should be fixed now. Please try again.

Martin Ancher

Nov 10, 2022, 9:07:30 AM11/10/22
I believe Gopher+ supports reporting back the codepage, which can be UTF-8. Some clients support this. Some don't.

ng

Nov 14, 2022, 7:55:19 AM11/14/22
Ben Collver <benco...@tilde.pink> wrote:
> Here is a gopher interface for Google driving directions.
[snip]

Amazing, thanks!