Gopher clients that support type "i"?

Richard W. Wiggins

Mar 30, 1994, 1:22:32 AM3/30/94
Early on, the University of Iowa devised an extension to the Gopher0
protocol whereby type "i" denotes a piece of inline annotation. I've
heard tell that U Mn intends to embrace this extension. Has anyone
compiled a list of clients that already support type "i"? Hgopher
seems to. Is anything else up to speed?

Thanks...

/Rich Wiggins, CWIS Coordinator, Michigan State U

Don Gilbert

Mar 30, 1994, 6:59:19 AM3/30/94
gopherapp and gopherpup support "i"
--
-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomingt...@bio.indiana.edu

Lee Brintle

Mar 30, 1994, 8:39:29 AM3/30/94
In note <2nb5r8$i...@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu>, r...@mugwump.cl.msu.edu (Richard W.
Wiggins) writes:
>Early on, the University of Iowa devised an extension to the Gopher0
>protocol whereby type "i" denotes a piece of inline annotation. I've
>heard tell that U Mn intends to embrace this extension. Has anyone
>compiled a list of clients that already support type "i"? Hgopher
>seems to. Is anything else up to speed?

Panda, XPanda, MacPanda, and WinPanda support it. But that's probably not
suprising. <grin>

After the last FAQ, I mailed the Gopher folks about the still-experimental
status of the "i" type, and they indicated that it would be moved into the
"official" section.
---
Lee Brintle | ``I have just purchased some matches with the brand
Director, Project Panda | name of Pandora. I am reluctant to open the box.''

David Singer

Mar 30, 1994, 5:01:53 PM3/30/94
The OS/2 Gopher client supports type 'i'; so do the Rice and IBM CMS clients.

--
David Singer -- Internet: sin...@almaden.ibm.com BITNET: SINGER at ALMADEN
Voice: (408) 927-2509 Fax: (408) 927-4073

Neophytos Iacovou

Apr 1, 1994, 6:58:40 PM4/1/94
Lee Brintle <lbri...@chop.isca.uiowa.edu> writes:

>After the last FAQ, I mailed the Gopher folks about the still-experimental
>status of the "i" type, and they indicated that it would be moved into the
>"official" section.

Yup, thats true.

Neophytos Iacovou Distributed Computing Services
University of Minnesota 100 Union St. SE
email: iac...@boombox.micro.umn.edu Minneapolis, MN 55455 USA

Alan Coopersmith

Apr 2, 1994, 5:09:27 PM4/2/94
r...@mugwump.cl.msu.edu (Richard W. Wiggins) writes in comp.infosystems.gopher:

|Early on, the University of Iowa devised an extension to the Gopher0
|protocol whereby type "i" denotes a piece of inline annotation. I've
|heard tell that U Mn intends to embrace this extension. Has anyone
|compiled a list of clients that already support type "i"?

Since no one else has mentioned it yet, i'll throw in that the last few
versions of UMinn's Unix gopher+ client support the "i" type.

Alan Coopersmith Internet: al...@ocf.berkeley.edu
U.C. Berkeley Open Computing Facility Bitnet: alanc@ucbocf

David L. Brooks

Mar 30, 1994, 11:06:38 AM3/30/94
In article <2nb5r8$i...@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> r...@mugwump.cl.msu.edu (Richard W.
Wiggins) writes:

>Early on, the University of Iowa devised an extension to the Gopher0
>protocol whereby type "i" denotes a piece of inline annotation. I've
>heard tell that U Mn intends to embrace this extension. Has anyone
>compiled a list of clients that already support type "i"? Hgopher
>seems to. Is anything else up to speed?

WSGopher has this. Also HTML, MIME, and a few other documented types. I
haven't seen a description yet for 'c' and 'e' so don't support those.

Dave

David L. Brooks
Gop...@TIS.inel.gov