MGRS Grids as Shapefiles

swans...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2008, 4:28:58 PM6/12/08
I work for a Navy contractor and we are currently developing
navigation software for amphibious assault vehicles (AAVs). Our
customers, the Marines, are interested in using MGRS grids for various
scale ranges. I was able to find grids for 100,000m and 10,000m grid
squares as well as the 6° x 8° grid zones in the shapefile format at
this webpage, http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/coordsys/gislayers/gislayers.html.
We also need MGRS grids for 1:1,000,000, 1:500,000,1:250,000, and
1:50,000 scale ranges. The "ArcMap Grid Guide"
http://earth-info.nga.mil/GandG/coordsys/grid-guide_20060317.pdf
states that procedures for generating grids and graticules in the
shapefile format could be found in a separate guide, but I have been
unsuccessful in locating that guide. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

ziemas....@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2016, 5:48:24 AM4/21/16
Hello, did you found any shapefiles for diferent grids?
Thx! :)