X10 CM19A drivers/apps for Windows 10?

Charles Cooper

Jun 11, 2019, 9:47:50 PM6/11/19
Does anyone know of any apps that would allow me to use a USB CM19A on Windows 10?

It worked fine on Win 8, but I can't find anything that works under Win 10.

Cameo

Jul 13, 2019, 4:03:20 PM7/13/19
On 6/11/2019 6:20 PM, Charles Cooper wrote:
> Does anyone know of any apps that would allow me to use a USB CM19A on Windows 10?
>
> It worked fine on Win 8, but I can't find anything that works under Win 10.

I use USB CM15A model on Windows 7 and could not run it on Win10,
either. That's why I kept my old laptop with Win7 installation. But now
that laptop is not working anymore and I am stuck. I figured maybe I
could just run Win 7 in a Virtual Box within Win 10, but I no longer can
find the Active Home Pro CD and I am not about to get a new one. Are
there any free ISO images of it out there somewhere?

goldy

Jul 14, 2019, 4:56:25 PM7/14/19
Not Sure If This Is What Are Looking For But I Have This Installed On
Win7 64bit, Using A CM15A.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28795.0

https://www.thehomeautomationstore.com/activehome.html

goldy

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 13:03:16 -0700, Cameo <ca...@unreal.invalid>

Cameo

Jul 14, 2019, 8:23:23 PM7/14/19
This is too good, Goldy. Thanks a million for pointing them out. Since
you gave me now two choices, any idea which is the better one?

Cameo

Jul 14, 2019, 11:42:59 PM7/14/19
Oops! The download link given in the first address does not exist
anymore. The second one exists and I downloaded the AHP from it.
However, the user interface looks quite different from what I had and I
need to figure out how I could replicate my old macros in the new one. I
am not sure what the file name is for that. At least the software
recognizes my CM15A and that's the most important.

goldy

Jul 15, 2019, 8:32:08 AM7/15/19
More

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro

Maybe Some Help,
goldy

On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 20:42:54 -0700, Cameo <ca...@unreal.invalid>

goldy

Jul 15, 2019, 12:03:58 PM7/15/19
I Think The File With Your Cinfig Is "MYHOME.ahx"
goldy

Cameo

Jul 15, 2019, 9:36:02 PM7/15/19

This looks the same that I already installed. What's interesting, it
shows an alternate but with the same file name.

Cameo

Jul 15, 2019, 9:38:42 PM7/15/19
You're right. It's really a renamed .xml file. When I change the
extension to .xml, it can be read perfectly as a structured text.

Cameo

Jul 16, 2019, 12:10:51 PM7/16/19
After I copied the saved old config file MyHome.ahx to the new
installation and restarted AHP, the interface looked immediately
familiar. Then I downloaded it to my CM15A adapter and I was able to
verify this morning that the programmed lights worked as before. So this
install is now working like a charm. The slight difference between my
old and new interface is probably due to some upgrade in the software I
was not aware before.