AOpen MX46 Motherboard - RAM support

1 view

phef...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2005, 9:17:03 PM3/28/05
I have an AOpen MX46 motherboard with a 256Mb 184pin PC2100 DDR SDRAM.

I want to purchase a 512Mb stick of RAM to take the total RAM up to
768Mb.

The AOpen motherboard manual says it supports DDR266 (PC2100) maximum
up to 2Gb.

I can get PC3200 DDR RAM much cheaper than PC2100 DDR RAM. Should I
get PC3200 or is it too risky?

I see comments from people saying it's ok because the PC3200 RAM will
simply run at the slower speed of the other stick. Other people say
you may have memory problems and the computer may not even boot.

The crucial.com website suggests I can use PC3200 RAM with this
motherboard. This website seems reputable. Do you agree?

Any advice would be appreciated.