Intel 82850-E Chipset

aether

Apr 3, 2005, 10:35:21 PM4/3/05
Dell Dimension. Pentium 4. It came with RDRAM. My question is, does
this motherboard/chipset support basic DDR SDRAM? Or, is it exclusively
built for RDRAM? (which has basically vanished from existence)

RBM

Apr 3, 2005, 10:58:03 PM4/3/05
If it came with Rambus, you're stuck with it. I would think you can get a
memory upgrade through Dell though
"aether" <vercin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Bob Day

Apr 3, 2005, 11:13:20 PM4/3/05
"aether" <vercin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1112582121.1...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Dell Dimension. Pentium 4. It came with RDRAM. My question is, does
> this motherboard/chipset support basic DDR SDRAM?

No.

> Or, is it exclusively
> built for RDRAM? (which has basically vanished from existence)

Try at http://www.4allmemory.com

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com

H.W. Stockman

Apr 4, 2005, 12:07:50 AM4/4/05

"aether" <vercin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dell Dimension. Pentium 4. It came with RDRAM. My question is, does
> this motherboard/chipset support basic DDR SDRAM? Or, is it exclusively
> built for RDRAM? (which has basically vanished from existence)

Rambus is still available.
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

aether

Apr 4, 2005, 7:05:33 AM4/4/05
That's what I was hoping wasn't the case. It's a shame RDRAM didn't
catch wind. I suppose it was before it's time.

Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio

Apr 4, 2005, 7:43:29 AM4/4/05
> I suppose it was before it's time.
Not the case. It was a case of lawyer greed at its worst.

--
Pepe
Milano, Italy

DaveW