Random reboots - XP Pro

han_...@hotmail.com

Mar 28, 2005, 6:11:08 PM3/28/05

I've been getting random reboots lately. This happens more often than
not within the first 10-15 minutes of starting up the PC, usually
during the loading of the OS, or when attempting to sign in. After
this initial start-up period, the system stabilises and will generally
run without any problems. Occasionally, when I switch users, it may
reboot.

The PC has been running fine for approximately 2 years. I recently
added a second video card (standard PCI). A couple of days later, I
noticed the PC was much slower. I then decided to install a second
instance of XP Pro on a separate physical HDD. A couple of days later,
the random reboots started occuring on both the original instance of XP
and the new installation.

Thinking this might have been video card-related, I have tried it with
different versions of the NVIDIA drivers - the 45.xx version that
worked fine for 2 years on my original installation as well as the
latest drivers from the NVIDIA site.

I've got a P4 2.4 with Soltek motherboard, 512MB RAM, 2x 80GB HDD, 1x
AGP video card, 1x PCI video card, 1x DVD ROM all powered by an Antec
Truepower 330W PSU.

Does anyone know what may be the cause of this?

Thanks,

Han.