dialog boxes in script --> prompt boxes in script

Corne Huijben

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

--------------BC3345995CAB7120D465AEB1

Corne Huijben wrote:

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have been wondering if it is possible to open a dialogbox from
> > within
> > script, so users can enter several values for fields, that can be
> used
> >
> > to fill fields in a certain document. In formula language this is
> easy
> >
> > with @DialogBox, but the script equivalent of InputBox only allows
> for
> >
> > one value. I tried using Evaluate("@Dialogbox(""FormName"";
> > [AutoHorzFit] : [AutoVertFit])), but that doesn't work. Nor does it
> > work
> > when you add the NotesDocument as object (I tried nearly all
> objects,
> > and it doesn't work with any of them).
> >
> > Can anyone help me on this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Corne'

Now I am also curious about the solution to having prompt boxes on
the screen with LotusScript, so I can display a line of values that I
have in a "dynamic" table (multivalue fields). Is that possible in Notes

as well?

Corne'

--------------BC3345995CAB7120D465AEB1

Newsgroups: comp.groupware.lotus-notes.programmer
From: Corne Huijben <corne....@cmg.nl>
Subject: Re: dialog boxes in script
Sender: nn...@piziali.dv.org (NetNews Transport Daemon)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:11:26 GMT

Corne Huijben wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have been wondering if it is possible to open a dialogbox from
> within
> script, so users can enter several values for fields, that can be used
>
> to fill fields in a certain document. In formula language this is easy
>
> with @DialogBox, but the script equivalent of InputBox only allows for
>
> one value. I tried using Evaluate("@Dialogbox(""FormName"";
> [AutoHorzFit] : [AutoVertFit])), but that doesn't work. Nor does it
> work
> when you add the NotesDocument as object (I tried nearly all objects,
> and it doesn't work with any of them).
>
> Can anyone help me on this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Corne'

Now I am also curious about the solution to having prompt boxes on
the screen with LotusScript, so I can display a line of values that I
have in a "dynamic" table (multivalue fields). Is that possible in Notes
as well?

Corne'

--------------BC3345995CAB7120D465AEB1--

Gerd Hildebrandt

Sep 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/19/97

Corne,

it is easy for @DialogBox since all Formulas run in the 'Document Context'.
That means all field accesses directly relate to the according field in the
current Doc. Since
LotusScript does not have such a given 'current doc', a function comparable
to @DialogBox
cannot be used. I also am looking for a LotusScript way to let the user
choose from a popup list
or fill in multiple values at one time: knowing Notes quite well, I haven't
found any trick
or workaraound yet.

Gerd Hildebrandt, Via Software GmbH
via.so...@t-online.de

dwr...@tinet.ie

Sep 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/20/97

> Subject: Re: dialog boxes in script
> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:11:26 GMT
> From: Corne Huijben <corne....@cmg.nl>

> Newsgroups: comp.groupware.lotus-notes.programmer

> Corne Huijben wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have been wondering if it is possible to open a dialogbox from
> > within
> > script, so users can enter several values for fields, that can be used
> >
> > to fill fields in a certain document. In formula language this is easy
> >
> > with @DialogBox, but the script equivalent of InputBox only allows for
> >
> > one value. I tried using Evaluate("@Dialogbox(""FormName"";
> > [AutoHorzFit] : [AutoVertFit])), but that doesn't work. Nor does it
> > work
> > when you add the NotesDocument as object (I tried nearly all objects,
> > and it doesn't work with any of them).
> >
> > Can anyone help me on this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Corne'
>
> Now I am also curious about the solution to having prompt boxes on
> the screen with LotusScript, so I can display a line of values that I
> have in a "dynamic" table (multivalue fields). Is that possible in Notes
> as well?
>
> Corne'
I am writing this from hoem but there was an article in one of the
rescent Notes Advisors about a @command that puts a form in the dialog
bow with an OK and CANCAL button. That should do the Job.
Diarmuid

Manon Girard

Sep 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/22/97

I used a dialog box in a agent. For better result your field should be in a
layout region.
Sorry for my english

see example : It ' s working
1) Create a form (here RespDoc) with your field
2) Create a document and don't save it (Here the doc1)
3) You can use after your field doc1.yourfield for your process

Dim ws As New NotesUIWorkspace
Dim session As New NotesSession
Dim uidoc As NotesUIDocument
Dim dbase As Notesdatabase
Dim colselec As NotesDocumentCollection
Dim doc1 As NotesDocument
Dim reponse As Integer
Dim flag As Variant

Set dbase = session.CurrentDatabase
Set colselec = dbase.UnprocessedDocuments ' doc select

Set doc1 = New Notesdocument(dbase)
doc1.form = "RespDoc"

flag = ws.DialogBox
("Respdoc",True,True,False,False,False,False,"Changer le responsable
rachat",doc1)

If (flag = True) Then

reponse = Messagebox ("Etes-vous sûre de vouloir changer le
responsable rachat dans les documents sélectionnés" _
,4+32 , "Attention")

' reponse à Oui = 6
If (reponse = 6 ) Then
' ********** your process
End If ' reponse

End If ' flag
--
Pour répondre : enlever la lettre w qui se trouve avant le @ de l'adresse
e-mail.

Corne Huijben <corne....@cmg.nl> a écrit dans l'article
<34222C48...@cmg.nl>...

zw...@club-internet.fr

Sep 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/24/97
to Gerd Hildebrandt

Hi,

I got the same problem and the only workaround I found is to develop a
simple ActiveX Control ( List Box ) that I call via lotus Script.

The response time is not the shorter one but users have their list
choice.

Jonathan Leroux

Aldea Interactive
6, boulevard de la République