Outlook -> Lotus Notes

Roberto Cormenzana

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
Hello
I'm in a enterprise, in Pamplona (Spain), and we have just changed from
Outlook to Lotus Notes. The problem is that we have a enormous list of
contacts (adresses) "made in Outlook", and we have to pass this information
to Lotus Notes. We tried two things:
- Export and import. It (obviously in these times) didn't work.
- Export from Outlook to a text file, modify slighly this file and try to
import the result to Lotus Notes. Notes asked us for a form or so, and we
selected the one of the contacts. It didn't work (of course).

I have to say that we export to a text file a contacts list example for both
distributions, and the results that each one stracted was very -very-
different.
Does anyone knows a (relatively) simple solution? May be passing from
Outlook to Excel, and from Excel to Lotus 1-2-3, and from Lotus 1-2-3 to
Outlook? Well I recognize we don't have Lotus 1-2-3 (snif, snif).

Thanks a lot. Nice to meet you

Roberto Cormenzana
rcorm...@cetenasa.es
CETENASA
(Spain)

Martin Jebb

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
the mistake was - going from Outlook to Lotus Notes - you should have stayed
where you were safe !!!

--
Martin Jebb
Personal E-mail : marti...@ukonline.co.uk
"Roberto Cormenzana" <COR...@teleline.es> wrote in message

Doug Mackie

Mar 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/2/00
Hi there,

Lotus has a migration tool for people moving from Outlook Express to Notes.
I think it does exactly what you want.

I don't remember exactly where it is on their site, but I saw it a few weeks
ago.

Go to the Lotus site and search using "migration".

Doug Mackie
www.xpertss.com
"The place to go for SmartSuite Help"

Morris R. Bannerman

Mar 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/3/00
I have downloaded and tried a converter called, and I quote from the web
site:
" User Migration Tool The Schedule Plus 1.0/7.0 to Notes User Migration Tool
is part of CS2Notes.nsf, the Client Schedule 2 Notes Migration Tool, which
is now offered in version 2.37."
This starts the proces but falters and produces an error message which says:
"Cannot create automation object"
I am trying to do this when I am not connected to my Notes server. I am
travelling in Europe and for a number of other reasons have to dial in
direct to the server at international rates. Do I need to be connected to
the server or is this some other problem?

"Doug Mackie" <doug....@rcn.com> wrote in message

NEWSY

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00

Roberto Cormenzana napisał(a) w wiadomości:
<9Ngv4.2790$ys3....@telenews.teleline.es>...

>Hello
>I'm in a enterprise, in Pamplona (Spain), and we have just changed from
>Outlook to Lotus Notes. The problem is that we have a enormous list of
>contacts (adresses) "made in Outlook", and we have to pass this information
>to Lotus Notes. We tried two things:
>- Export and import. It (obviously in these times) didn't work.
>- Export from Outlook to a text file, modify slighly this file and try to
>import the result to Lotus Notes. Notes asked us for a form or so, and we
>selected the one of the contacts. It didn't work (of course).
>
>I have to say that we export to a text file a contacts list example for
both
>distributions, and the results that each one stracted was very -very-
>different.
>Does anyone knows a (relatively) simple solution? May be passing from
>Outlook to Excel, and from Excel to Lotus 1-2-3, and from Lotus 1-2-3 to
>Outlook? Well I recognize we don't have Lotus 1-2-3 (snif, snif).
>
>Thanks a lot. Nice to meet you
>
>Roberto Cormenzana
>rcorm...@cetenasa.es
>CETENASA
>(Spain)

Hi!
I'm playing with Notes since R4.1, and now with R5. A can't remember
exactly, but during instalation of R5 there was a question about OutLook
migration. You should try it. Importing/Exporting - yeah this works, but you
have to know Notes philosophy. Suggestion: try export to Excel, then open it
in Excel, and save as *.wk4 (a 1-2-3 file), this notes can open, but you
have to map collumns into proper fields. In the R4.xx there was an option to
create an external file with description of the format, I haven't tried with
R5 yet. But, Notes, if properly installed should open *.xls files...
Witold Cwilewicz

dwanes...@gmail.com

May 12, 2018, 5:24:12 AM5/12/18
PST to NSF converter software to migrate MS Outlook data to Lotus Notes NSF file format. By using this tool, you can easily access all MS Outlook data like emails, contacts, calendar, notes, task, etc.you can convert all data items within Outlook PST file including emails, contacts, notes, sent items, alarms, calendars, appointments, images, journals, attachments, items in deleted items folder and every individual folder created in the PST file. http://www.osttopstapp.com/outlook-to-lotus-notes-converter.html