Full import from Outlook?

Slobodan Hajdin

Sep 12, 2002, 11:15:39 AM9/12/02
Hello...

I've seen how to import single addressbook, but how to import multiple
addressbooks, tree-organized inbox (subfolders) and all messages in
inbox with attachments to Notes R5?

Domino server to which we are going to attach is in other country, so
no administrator tools available.

Yes, I'm new in Notes bussiness...

TIA

Michel

Sep 12, 2002, 11:11:13 PM9/12/02
the nconvert program that is loaded when you install the client with
the importing tools will do the trick.

open a dos window ang go to your notes program directory and type
> nconvert.exe 5

Michel

Sep 12, 2002, 11:45:10 PM9/12/02
Sorry, I made a mistake. Use the program NUPGRADE as follows:

> NUPGRADE 3

Go Dzilla

Sep 13, 2002, 7:59:15 AM9/13/02
In article <3D815F46...@hotmail.com>, les...@hotmail.com says...

> Sorry, I made a mistake. Use the program NUPGRADE as follows:
>
> > NUPGRADE 3

Thank you, but what is the meaning of the parameter 3?
Could you list parameters and meanings?

It seems to me that it's cutting off attachments...

TIA

Go Dzilla

Sep 13, 2002, 8:23:15 AM9/13/02
In article <MPG.17ebf172b...@news.tel.hr>,
go.d...@destroy.tokyo.com says...

Oh, and BTW, I don't have nupgrade. I have something called nupdate.
Can I use that? Client says it's version 5.0.10...

Eto Demerzel

Sep 13, 2002, 11:36:50 AM9/13/02
"Go Dzilla" <go.d...@destroy.tokyo.com> wrote in message
> > > NUPGRADE 3
> >
> Thank you, but what is the meaning of the parameter 3?
> Could you list parameters and meanings?

I believe the '3' signifies that it's MS Outlook you're importing from.
(1 = cc:Mail, 2 = MSMail, 3 = MS Outlook)

nupdate is something quite different, I think.

When you install the notes client, you need to specify that you want to
install the migration tools. This will give you the nupgrade program if you
haven't got it at the moment.

Eto../

Go Dzilla

Sep 15, 2002, 12:24:22 PM9/15/02
In article <alt0qa$sv7i$1...@ID-155806.news.dfncis.de>,
eto.de...@fijivillage.com says...

Thank you for answer, but since we got customized installation from our
HQ, there were no migration tools, and even no choice for selecting
them.

So, anyone has / can send me this NUPGRADE program?

TIA...

bxtr

Sep 15, 2002, 2:44:01 PM9/15/02
The migration tools are on the Notes client CD. Your HQ should be able to
provide you with the CD.

bxtr

"Go Dzilla" <go.d...@destroy.tokyo.com> wrote in message

Go Dzilla

Sep 16, 2002, 10:33:57 AM9/16/02
In article <Rx4h9.1804$s5.5...@news1.epix.net>, bx...@epix.net says...

> > Thank you for answer, but since we got customized installation from our
> > HQ, there were no migration tools, and even no choice for selecting
> > them.
> >
> > So, anyone has / can send me this NUPGRADE program?
> >
> > TIA...
>
> The migration tools are on the Notes client CD. Your HQ should be able to
> provide you with the CD.
>
> bxtr

Thank you for answer, they are able, but then they wouldn't send me
*customized* instalation.

I have a client with more than 1500 messages in Outlook only this year.
This should for various reasons be imported in Notes, so I'm desperate
for some workin' tool.

Oh... for certain reasons we can not use Notes AND Outlook on the same
machine...

So, anyone???

TIA

Stan

Sep 16, 2002, 10:57:39 AM9/16/02

"Michel" <les...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Hi,

I just tried doing this and my contacts succesfully imported to my address
book, however my messages in my pst file did not import. I checked my log
file and it came up with the following, but where did the 552 messages go

17/09/2002 12:42:48 AM PAB Migration: Number of entries migrated: 0

17/09/2002 12:43:15 AM Personal Folder Migration: Migration of personal
folder 'Personal Folders' started.

17/09/2002 12:43:21 AM Personal Folder Migration: Attachment migration
failed for message with subject 'Re: Add me to your website please.' in
folder 'Personal Folders\Inbox'. Error message: Unable to open MAPI property

17/09/2002 12:45:38 AM Personal Folder Migration: Migration of personal
folder 'Personal Folders' completed.

552 message(s) converted.

32 contact(s) converted.

2 calendar entries converted.

0 task(s) converted.

0 errors encountered.

tia

Stan

Eto Demerzel

Sep 16, 2002, 10:56:27 AM9/16/02

> In article <Rx4h9.1804$s5.5...@news1.epix.net>, bx...@epix.net says...
> Thank you for answer, they are able, but then they wouldn't send me
> *customized* instalation.

*/ You only need a standard Lotus Notes installation CD. When you get to
the screen which asks you which notes clients you want to install (eg
Desktop, Designer, Administrator, All Clients, etc), there's a button, I
think it's marked 'Advanced'. Press it, and you should get a list of other
components, including 'Migration Tools'. Check the box and okay the screen,
then carry on. This will install NUPGRADE.

> Oh... for certain reasons we can not use Notes AND Outlook on the same
> machine...

Not even temporarily while you do the migration? If you really can't for
whatever reason, you're basically screwed as far as NUPGRADE is concerned.
I've not used it myself, but you may want to investigate purchasing some
migration tools from Binary Tree ( http://www.binarytree.com/ )

Eto.

Eto Demerzel

Sep 16, 2002, 11:03:23 AM9/16/02
"Stan" <St...@nomemail.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I just tried doing this and my contacts succesfully imported to my address
> book, however my messages in my pst file did not import. I checked my log
> file and it came up with the following, but where did the 552 messages go
>
> 17/09/2002 12:42:48 AM PAB Migration: Number of entries migrated: 0
>
> 17/09/2002 12:43:15 AM Personal Folder Migration: Migration of personal
> folder 'Personal Folders' started.
>
> 17/09/2002 12:43:21 AM Personal Folder Migration: Attachment migration
> failed for message with subject 'Re: Add me to your website please.' in
> folder 'Personal Folders\Inbox'. Error message: Unable to open MAPI
property

The messages should be in whatever NSF file you told NUPGRADE to put them in
(it prompts you for a name of the file). Search your notes\data directory
for NSF files created on 17/09/2002. It'll probably be called something
like a_stan.nsf, and the workspace icon should read someting along the lines
of "a_stan (Ms Outlook Migrated Archive)". The messages should be in a
subfolder called 'Personal Folders.
As for the attachment migration failure - perhaps the message/attachment is
corrupt/quarantined?

Stan

Sep 16, 2002, 11:22:46 AM9/16/02

"Eto Demerzel" <eto.de...@fijivillage.com> wrote in message

> The messages should be in whatever NSF file you told NUPGRADE to put them
in
> (it prompts you for a name of the file). Search your notes\data directory
> for NSF files created on 17/09/2002. It'll probably be called something
> like a_stan.nsf, and the workspace icon should read someting along the
lines
> of "a_stan (Ms Outlook Migrated Archive)". The messages should be in a
> subfolder called 'Personal Folders.
> As for the attachment migration failure - perhaps the message/attachment
is
> corrupt/quarantined?

Eto,

Thanks mate, found it, everything looks like it's there.

Cheers..

Stan

EleanorBrandon

Jul 9, 2019, 3:08:32 AM7/9/19
Convert Outlook PST Files into NSF Format is the most reliable and appropriate email migration tool, that can securely convert Outlook databases file to Lotus Notes NSF format. You can easily and safely move all your messages and other information MS Outlook PST to Lotus Notes NSF documents. The tool converts all Outlook items like emails. contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, etc to NSF file format.

More info;- http://www.pst.nsffile.org/