nlnotes.exe vs. notes.exe

Søren Pedersen

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
.....Can anybody tell me the difference between theese two files (exept
the name ;o)

/Søren Pedersen

Danny Lawrence

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:51:42 +0100, =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Pedersen
<smp...@post5.tele.dk> wrote:

>.....Can anybody tell me the difference between theese two files (exept
>the name ;o)

I THINK that running Notes.exe calls nlnotes.exe, maybe notes.exe is
what puts up the splash screen.
--Danny Lawrence, Tiassa Technologies Inc.
A Lotus Business Partner
tia...@ix.netcom.DEATHTOSPAMMERS.com
(Spam filter in use, you figure it out)
"Tiassa dreams and plots are born" --Steven Brust

Claudio Guillermo Calvagna

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
The first one open notes client without show you "About Notes" window but
both of them at last open the client.
Regards!

Jim Tovar

Jan 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/11/00
to Søren Pedersen
nlnotes.exe starts Notes without the logo splash screen that typically
shows up at the beginning. Notes.exe starts with the splash screen.

Søren Pedersen wrote:

> .....Can anybody tell me the difference between theese two files (exept
> the name ;o)
>

> /Søren Pedersen

Peter Schittenhelm

Jan 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/12/00
OK,
in Release 5 Server, the nlnotes.exe can be started to work like in R4
directly on the server (local), using the server notes.ini and the \data
directory of the server, with all its connection etc.
We do not know, if this is documented, but sometimes, we work that way, and
not with the administrator or another client that is installed parallel to
the server

Peter Schittenhelm
IT Consultant

SPAMpsch...@datacomm.ch