weird direct X9 graphics card problems

Alan Paterson

Sep 13, 2004, 5:33:43 AM9/13/04
Hi, I recently bought an XFX Geforce FX5200 128MB PCI graphics card.
It is supposed to be compatable with all the latest directX9 games,
and it is. It doesnt seem to be able to play any of my games that use
a lower directX, like sim city 4 or Star Trek: star fleet command 3.
When I try to play sim city 4 it just crashes at the EA games logo and
ctrl-Alt-del doesnt even work, also ive tryed re-installing it. I have
directX 9 fully installed on my system and now it wont even let me
play command 3 cos it says I need directX 8.1, counterstrike:condition
zero is the only game that seemes to work fine. Please help. Please
give me any suggestions.