bsp trees

Christopher Lux

Dec 19, 2001, 12:08:12 PM12/19/01
i am searching for good expainations, tutorials or white papers about bsp
trees (how to build them, optimize them, everything)

thx

--
Christopher Lux

eMail Christo...@gmx.net
ICQ# 64040898

ax_deimos

Dec 27, 2001, 5:27:31 PM12/27/01
"Christopher Lux" <han_s...@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<9vqhhr$43i$1...@piggy.rz.tu-ilmenau.de>...

> i am searching for good expainations, tutorials or white papers about bsp
> trees (how to build them, optimize them, everything)
>
> thx

Skip over the bloody things.
Try using octtree data structures instead (much simpler, much happier)

Amit Rao kt

Dec 27, 2001, 11:42:18 PM12/27/01
you think you could do the same level of rendering,shadow
generation,painter sort.... with octrees that you could with bsp
trees.

there IS a reason why carmack and friends chose bsp for quake over the
more common octree structure.

Patapom

Dec 28, 2001, 10:45:15 AM12/28/01
> Skip over the bloody things.
> Try using octtree data structures instead (much simpler, much happier)

I guess it's not up to YOU to decide which data structure the OP will choose
anyway...

_ I'd like carrots
_ No no no, forget about carrots, use potatoes instead! Much better!

I'm ashame to answer a post that already doesn't answer a question, that's
not what newsgroups are for... A bit like wasting time about fighting on who
has invented the wheel (or the DDA).

Patapom