new generation rendering algorithm "Micro Point" paper upload

Masao Takakuwa

Aug 18, 2012, 4:28:26 PM8/18/12
n point based rendering techniques, more super samples in a pixel area give lower variance. In other words, we expect improved quality of the image with super sampling. But we can not always estimate the required number of samples, for example in the case that there is an extremely bright extremely small region at a pixel.In this research, we introduce a new concept for rendering called a Micro Point which was inspired by from quantum mechanics. Micro Points handle high frequency components in a scene correctly without super sampling. Today it takes much computational cost to render stars in the night sky, hair, or objects whose area is smaller than a pixel by existing methods. By using Micro Points, the calculation cost will be improved tremendously for such cases.

http://micropoint.jimdo.com/paper/