Anim8or: New free animation software available

R. Steven Glanville

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Hi,

I'd like to announce the availability of a new freeware 3D animation
and modeling program that I've written. It's called Anim8or. It runs
on Windows 9x and NT systems with an OpenGL ICD (like the
NVIDIA TNT). While it is far from a complete, professional
application, I believe that it is capable enough to be of use to
others. The major features are:

Features

- 3D Modeler - Create and modify 3D models. Built-in primitives such
as
spheres, cylinders, platonic solids, etc.; mesh-edit and smooth;
splines,
extrusion, lathing, modifiers and warps,
- TrueType font support - 2D and 3D extruded text for any TrueType
font.
OpenGL based real time operation,
- Import and modify .3DS (3D Studio), .LWO (Lightwave), and .OBJ
(Wavefront) object files,
- Export .3DS files,
- Built in 3D Object browser,
- Jointed character editor,
- Anti-aliased software renderer for high quality, production quality
images,
- Create 3D scenes and animations and output .AVI movie files, .JPG
and
.BMP images,
- Texture support for .BMP, .GIF, and .JPG format files,
- Print images of scenes and models.

System Requirements

- Windows NT4 or 9X,
- OpenGL accelerated graphics card with full ICD support, (ala TNT),
- 64 MB memory, 128MB recommended,
- 300 MHz Pentium,
- 5MB disk space.

So, if you're interested, check it out at

http://www.anim8or.com

and by all means, let me know what you think!

Steve

R. Steven Glanville
rst...@anim8or.com

Revert

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99

I think anyone whoreads this newsgroup should check out the truly
supremem effort this guy has put into the program... it's less than
400k zipped!

In article <379564AD...@anim8or.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Justin Mitchell

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Man that is just awesome. You should be proud of yourself. It seems like the
basis of a great 3d program. Imports and everything. Keep coding. We'd love
to have a new package.
Justin
Revert <rever...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rocks R Us

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Its like the good old dos days when the whole program fitted on a floppy
disk
truely amazing!

Steven you are talent

I hope you make it big. real big.

rocks

PMH

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Go post it on the Autodesk customer service newsgroup. Give 'em a good
scare!

R. Steven Glanville <rst...@anim8or.com> wrote in message

Peter Butler

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
Absolutely Bleedin' Excellent!!!!
Keep up the brilliant work!!!

m.champ...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2015, 2:12:41 AM6/12/15
Hi Steven

Good job,

Anim8or is perfect software for beginners. A small perfect software with lowest requirement and lowest level of complexity.

Brilliant work