How To Choose The Best Color Contact Lenses

xik...@yeah.net

Feb 18, 2008, 12:17:29 PM2/18/08
Decided to change your eye color with colored contacts and don't know
which ones to choose? Find out what the color contacts market has to
offer and which lenses will make your eyes look most striking and
beautiful.

Color contact lens types

You can get disposable (1 day, 2 weeks or 1 month replacement
schedule) color contact lenses as well as traditional (annual
replacement) lenses. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages.

Disposable lenses are healthier for your eyes. First, they are thinner
so the lens lets more oxygen through to your cornea. Second, protein
build-ups are less of a problem with disposable contact lenses - it
doesn't have enough time to build up. And third, if you replace your
contact lenses often, the risk of bacterial infection is much less. So
from the health point of view, disposable color contacts like
Freshlook or Acuvue 2 Colors are better. Disposable color lenses are
especially recommended if you want to wear your color contacts every
day for longer than 8 hours.

On the other hand, the best annual replacement color contact lenses
are hand painted, while all disposable contacts are digitally printed.
For a color contact it is very important not only to give you a
brilliant vibrant color, but also to look natural. If you look very
closely at your eyes, you will see that your iris isn't a solid color
but has various colors and patterns. Some people have a starburst
pattern, while others have tiny rays of yellow or black in a blue or
green iris. These patterns and colors give your eyes a feeling of
depth. Hand painted lenses, like Durasoft 2, include subtle details
and varied colors. This helps to simulate depth and gives your eyes a
very natural appearance.

As you can imagine, hand-painted color contacts are more difficult to
produce, so they

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Bothsexes/20061002/46853.html

Ragnar

Feb 19, 2008, 4:00:48 AM2/19/08
xik...@yeah.net wrote:
<SPAM> snipped

Normally I don't reply to spam but this one started me thinking. Do coloured
contact lenses affect the colours you see? And if so, would it ruin your
work while you're using Photshop?

:-)

Message has been deleted

Mike Russell

Feb 19, 2008, 12:05:25 AM2/19/08
"Ragnar" <rag...@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message

That's actually an interesting question. My guess is, yes, they would have
an effect, but it would be small because the eye would quickly accommodate
to it. One way around this would be to make the center of the contact lens
clear, so that in dim light your color vision returned to normal.

Conversely, the lens yellows with age, so perhaps a blue contact lens could
be used to reverse this effect, and restore normal color sensitivity, at
some cost to overall light sensitivity.

As for ruining your work, just put on old contact lens of the same color on
your colorimeter before calibrating. Maybe this could be a new feature.
LOL.
--
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com

Message has been deleted

Dave

Feb 20, 2008, 1:10:14 PM2/20/08
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:46:36 -0600, Joe <j...@dontspam.com> wrote:

> *But* I read the level of pain can depend on the color of the eyes. I
>read this only ONCE 30-40 years ago.

The level of eye sensitivity depend on the color of the eyes.
The color of my eyes is green and the sun reflecting from white
clouds can even be sharper than when driving on a cloudless day.

What I said about eye sensitivity relating to the color, was said to
me by a medical doctor years ago when I told him what I said up here.
He laughed and said 'you should keep away from flashing disco lights
as well'. And that I found very true:-)

Dave

ronv...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2008, 8:03:54 AM2/21/08
On Feb 18, 11:05 pm, "Mike Russell" <RE-MOVEm...@Curvemeister.comRE-
MOVE> wrote:

> Conversely, the lens yellows with age, ...
--
> Mike Russell -www.curvemeister.com

Hi Mike,

Is there a name for this phenomenon? What should we do about it?

Thanks,
Ron

Mike Russell

Feb 21, 2008, 2:42:52 AM2/21/08
<ronv...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:871e4aeb-d3ab-4d14-9fe8-[re
yellowing of vision with age]

> Is there a name for this phenomenon? What should we do about it?

It's an early stage of cataracts, believed to be caused in part by UV light
on the lens. Most of us will get it to some degree, with the only good news
being that science advances onward, and the prosthetic lenses are getting
better all the time. There is even one that retains some of the eye's
ability to focus. Anyway, you still have plenty of time to learn to rely on
the info palette in Photoshop, (and curvemeister's hue clock).

Here's an article describing the effect of cataracts on Monet's color
vision:
http://www.psych.ucalgary.ca/pace/va-lab/AVDE-Website/monet.html

"Although Monet was diagnosed with nuclear cataracts in both eyes by a
Parisian ophthalmologist in 1912, at the age of 72, his visual problems
began much earlier. Soon after 1905 (age 65) he began to experience changes
in his perception of color. He no longer perceived colors with the same
intensity. Indeed his paintings showed a change in the whites and greens and
blues, with a shift towards "muddier" yellow and purple tones. After 1915,
his paintings became much more abstract, with an even more pronounced color
shift from blue-green to red-yellow. He complained of perceiving reds as
muddy, dull pinks, and other objects as yellow. These changes are consistent
with the visual effects of cataracts. Nuclear cataracts absorb light,
desaturate colors, and make the world appear more yellow."

ronv...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2008, 3:53:28 AM2/22/08
On Feb 21, 1:42 am, "Mike Russell" <RE-MOVEm...@Curvemeister.comRE-
MOVE> wrote:
> <ronvi...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:871e4aeb-d3ab-4d14-9fe8-[re

Thanks Mike. The article was very interesting. Cataracts do not run in
my family so maybe the onset will be postponed for a while.
You know, I wish nature would have chosen red to shift to - anything
but yellow.

Mike Russell

Feb 21, 2008, 3:56:49 PM2/21/08
<ronv...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f3da776d-7f36-40bd-b1db-
[re cataracts]

> Thanks Mike. The article was very interesting. Cataracts do not run in
> my family so maybe the onset will be postponed for a while.
> You know, I wish nature would have chosen red to shift to - anything
> but yellow.

Nature's a lazy bum if you ask me. They could have gone the extra mile and
given us lifetime guarantee focus, and used decent optical media instead of
goo, but noooo.

While I'm on this, the "Bayer pattern" used by the retina is a big marketing
scam. The actual resolution of the eye is much less than the number of
pixels indicates, and they're not fooling anyone with that randomized
hexagonal array any more than Fuji did.

But the yellow color might be a good choice - it may work as a sort of UV
filter, that is if the lens doesn't go completely opaque. Really cheaply
made - the QA at the factory must be abysmal.

KatWoman

Feb 22, 2008, 8:49:45 PM2/22/08

"Mike Russell" <RE-MO...@Curvemeister.comRE-MOVE> wrote in message

DON't smoke