How to create white text with black outline?

mng

Aug 25, 2003, 5:05:10 PM8/25/03
I am using PSP6 and I would like to create white text with a black outline.
Any advice would be very welcome.

With thanks,

Gerry

Michelle

Aug 25, 2003, 6:31:05 PM8/25/03
>Subject: How to create white text with black outline?
>From: "mng" ge...@home.com
>Date: 8/25/2003 5:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

>I am using PSP6 and I would like to create white text with a black outline.
>Any advice would be very welcome.
>
>With thanks,

I've done this before by creating the text in black as a raster layer.

Duplicate the layer and select the new layer and the duplicated text.

Contract the selection by a few pixels and flood fill the new smaller selection
with white. Hope this helps :-)

>Gerry

Michelle ;-)

Paint Shop Pro & More!
http://members.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
Original tubes, links to PSP sites, fonts, clip art, wavs and other fun stuff!

mng

Aug 25, 2003, 6:57:19 PM8/25/03
Thanks very much. I'll give it a go.

Gerry

"Michelle" <mis...@aol.comical> wrote in message

Tim

Aug 25, 2003, 10:04:41 PM8/25/03

Create the text as a vector using any colour you like. After you have the
text sized and postioned to suit, change to the vector selection tool. Click
on the text with this to select it then right click and use "Change text to
curves > As single shape". Now double click on the text to open the vector
proprties box. Change the Style to "Stroked and Filled" and change the line
style and fill style to suit.

All the best

Tim

mng

Aug 26, 2003, 1:39:06 PM8/26/03
Thanks very much.

Gerry

"Tim" <timm...@XremoveXhotmail.com> wrote in message

bizus...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2018, 12:22:39 PM10/28/18
In Google Presentations, use Word Art - it lets you change the text outline color different from fill color

wib...@ctemc.org

Mar 27, 2019, 2:32:44 PM3/27/19
On Monday, August 25, 2003 at 5:05:10 PM UTC-4, mng wrote:
thank you GERRY

mega...@johnston.k12.nc.us

Sep 1, 2019, 6:29:01 PM9/1/19
Type the text twice: Once black/bold and another white/unbold. Send the black text backwards and lay the white text on top.

:)

--

**Note: *All email correspondence to and from this address is subject to
public review under the NC Public Records Law, which may result in

*In compliance with federal law, JCPS administers all educational programs,
employment activities, and admissions without discrimination against in any
manner on account of, or because of race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status,
genetic information or disability in its program or activities.*

gd...@hotheadgames.com

Oct 11, 2019, 2:18:53 PM10/11/19
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 at 3:29:01 PM UTC-7, mega...@johnston.k12.nc.us wrote:
> Type the text twice: Once black/bold and another white/unbold. Send the black text backwards and lay the white text on top.

That wont' work, they letters will all be spaced differently and won't even be close to outlines on anything but perhaps the first letter.

avisco...@cshnyc.org

Nov 1, 2019, 1:30:41 PM11/1/19

Covid_19king

Jan 20, 2022, 2:02:19 PM1/20/22