Save as JPEG as default.

Sandy Murray

Nov 6, 2001, 6:46:43 AM11/6/01
Hi all,
hope you can help.
is it possible to set PSP to save as JPEG by default?

I have a customer that is having probs saving images, she keeps tripping
at the save file as JPG.
so as to send a email attachment that someone else can read.

Sandy.

Bill Schnakenberg

Nov 6, 2001, 8:26:12 AM11/6/01
Sandy Murray wrote:

I don't know what version of PSP she is using. If v. 6 or above, there is an
option to remember the last saved format when using "Save as..."
File - Preferences - General Program Preferences - Dialogs and Palettes.
Check the Remember last type used in file save-as dialog".
If she is using an earlier version, she must use "Save Copy as..." instead.
The PSP default for "Save" on new images is the .psp format and cannot be
changed.

--
Bill - PSP and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

etcetc

Nov 6, 2001, 10:54:27 AM11/6/01
I sure wish the program would remember the last file folder when saving
images!! That would certainly be a big time saver.
ETC
"Ron Lacey" <r...@ronstoons.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:46:43 +1000, Sandy Murray
> <sa...@bigfoot.com.au> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >hope you can help.
> >is it possible to set PSP to save as JPEG by default?
>
> You can have PSP remember the last format used in the save as dialog.
> Go to Preferences/General Program Preferences and under the Dialogs
> and Palettes tab check "remember last type used in file save as
> dialog".
>
> Ron
> ***************************
> Ron Lacey
> Murillo Ont.
> r...@ronstoons.com
> Fulfilling all your
> cartoon needs at
> http://ronstoons.com
> http://ronanddave.com
> Superior Country
> http://ronstoons.com/superior
> ***************************

Kris Zaklika

Nov 6, 2001, 11:13:28 AM11/6/01
etcetc wrote:

> I sure wish the program would remember the last file folder when saving
> images!! That would certainly be a big time saver.

It does remember which folder you saved to last if you
use the "Save Copy As" (Ctrl-F12) command instead of the
"Save As" (F12) command. I know you assert otherwise but
it works for me and for other people. (!!!!!)

> ETC
> "Ron Lacey" <r...@ronstoons.com> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:46:43 +1000, Sandy Murray
> > <sa...@bigfoot.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all,
> > >hope you can help.
> > >is it possible to set PSP to save as JPEG by default?
> >
> > You can have PSP remember the last format used in the save as dialog.
> > Go to Preferences/General Program Preferences and under the Dialogs
> > and Palettes tab check "remember last type used in file save as
> > dialog".
> >
> > Ron
> > ***************************
> > Ron Lacey
> > Murillo Ont.
> > r...@ronstoons.com
> > Fulfilling all your
> > cartoon needs at
> > http://ronstoons.com
> > http://ronanddave.com
> > Superior Country
> > http://ronstoons.com/superior
> > ***************************

Kris Zaklika Jasc Software, Inc. The
Product Ideas: id...@jasc.com Power
Customer Service: customer...@jasc.com To
Technical Support: tec...@jasc.com Create

etcetc

Nov 6, 2001, 6:20:53 PM11/6/01
I tired it again today Kris and it doesn't work for me ... no way, no how!
Eleanor
"Kris Zaklika" <kzak...@jasc.com> wrote in message

Sandy Murray

Nov 6, 2001, 6:16:32 PM11/6/01

Bill Schnakenberg wrote:

Hey thanks All,

I'm using PSP6, Thank you all for your input.

Sandy.

Ronald Vick

Nov 7, 2001, 8:58:05 AM11/7/01
"etcetc" <etc...@leavenworthetc.com> wrote in message news:<9s9r68$qc1$1...@news.tdl.com>...

> I tired it again today Kris and it doesn't work for me ... no way, no how!
> Eleanor

Try this:
http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/5.html

Lots of solutions that we've worked out over the years.

Ron

Seal20

Dec 7, 2001, 10:07:41 AM12/7/01
le 07 nov. 2001, Ronald Vick s'exprimait en ces mots :

> Try this:
> http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/5.html
>
> Lots of solutions that we've worked out over the years.
>
> Ron

Hi,
Is anybody knows what is this .psp extension for ?
When using this software, it should have be more pratical to put another
default format ...

--
seal20
www.sealmanagement.fr.fm

Kris Zaklika

Dec 7, 2001, 10:21:32 AM12/7/01
Seal20 wrote:

> le 07 nov. 2001, Ronald Vick s'exprimait en ces mots :
>
> > Try this:
> > http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/5.html
> >
> > Lots of solutions that we've worked out over the years.
> >
> > Ron
> >

> Hi,
> Is anybody knows what is this .psp extension for ?

Yes. It is the native image file format of PSP. It performs
lossless image compression and allows you to keep intact
layer, vector, selection and alpha channel information in
a way that no other format will allow. You can read more
about it here: http://www.jasc.com/specs/psp.asp

> When using this software, it should have be more pratical to put another
> default format ...

Why should it be? Practical in what sense? In any event
PSP will remember the last file format you saved in when
you do File > Save As and you have previously checked
"Remember last type used in file save-as dialog" in
File > Preferences > General Program Preferences under
the Dialogs and Palette tabs. That way, the next time you
save a file it will automatically be in the format you
prefer (and used last). See how easy it is? All it takes
is a little knowledge before a rush to criticism :)

> --
> seal20
> www.sealmanagement.fr.fm

Seal20

Dec 7, 2001, 11:40:39 AM12/7/01
le 07 déc. 2001, Kris Zaklika s'exprimait en ces mots :

> "Remember last type used in file save-as dialog" in
> File > Preferences > General Program Preferences under
> the Dialogs and Palette tabs.

thank you for your answer Kris, but I don't have this check-box !...ok, it
doesn't matter ... ;o)

--
seal20
www.sealmanagement.fr.fm

Kris Zaklika

Dec 7, 2001, 1:20:32 PM12/7/01
Seal20 wrote:

> le 07 déc. 2001, Kris Zaklika s'exprimait en ces mots :
>
> > "Remember last type used in file save-as dialog" in
> > File > Preferences > General Program Preferences under
> > the Dialogs and Palette tabs.
>
> thank you for your answer Kris, but I don't have this check-box !...ok, it
> doesn't matter ... ;o)

Perhaps you are using some ancient version of PSP and not
PSP 7. You didn't say what version you are using. Would
you please? Also, is your version in French?

mcb6...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2020, 11:34:16 AM6/18/20
Thanks Bill! I’m jumping back into PSP as part of a previous GUI modification from years back. Couldn’t remember the settings to recall last saved file type. Wotks as it always did. Thanks Again! You ROCK!

ROBERT WEWER

Aug 30, 2023, 9:35:05 PM8/30/23
On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 11:34:16 AM UTC-4, mcb6...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Bill! I’m jumping back into PSP as part of a previous GUI modification from years back. Couldn’t remember the settings to recall last saved file type. Works as it always did. Thanks Again! You ROCK!
I think I fixed this. I have a lot of disc space so I went to preferences>general program preferences and I checked the "Enable Scratch disk"