Flood Fill Not Working-HELP!!

Misty

May 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/15/98

Need help on how to restore defaults. i uninstalled, reinstalled,
uninstalled, etc. and it still uses my settings.
i dont know what i did, but the flood fill was working fine, then one
day, *POOF* it stopped working. the undo button recognizes that i used
the flood fill icon, but it shows nothing on my image. please help.
RE to mc...@hotmail.com

Chuck Anderson

May 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/16/98

Just grabbing at straws here.

Have you got something selected? Flood fill will only fill the selected
area.

Is your flood fill color the same as the background? [Hey, I said
grabbing at straws :]

Misty wrote:

Chuck Anderson chuckanderso at (see below - no "home.")
Boulder, CO http://home.earthlink.net/~chuckanderso

Mary Lewis

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Misty
I am having the same problem I cant figure it out either!! it
seems if I change brightness and contrast it will work but I have to do
this every time i use psp any help would be gladyl accepted!!
Mary

--
Mary Lewis (Liaison NapaValley)
me...@epix.net

PnJnCA

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

>From: Mary Lewis <me...@epix.net><BR>
>Date: 5/25/98 12:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time<BR>
><BR>
></FONT><FONT SIZE=3 PTSIZE=10>Misty<BR>
> I am having the same problem I cant figure it out either!! it<BR>
>seems if I change brightness and contrast it will work but I have to do<BR>
>this every time i use psp any help would be gladyl accepted!!<BR>
>Mary<BR>
><BR>
>Misty wrote:<BR>
><BR>
>> Need help on how to restore defaults. i uninstalled, reinstalled,<BR>
>> uninstalled, etc. and it still uses my settings.<BR>
>> i dont know what i did, but the flood fill was working fine, then one<BR>
>> day, *POOF* it stopped working. the undo button recognizes that i used<BR>
>> the flood fill icon, but it shows nothing on my image. please help.<BR>

snipped

Hi Mary,

First recheck your settings. I assume you are using 5.0.

Click on the flood fill tool and make sure the ControlBox is visible.

Select OPTIONS at the bottom of theControl Box.

Confirm that the Blend Mode is set to normal.

Good Luck,
Porter

blues

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

Mine is doing the same thing!
Mary Lewis wrote in message <3569C169...@epix.net>...
>Misty

> I am having the same problem I cant figure it out either!! it
>seems if I change brightness and contrast it will work but I have to do
>this every time i use psp any help would be gladyl accepted!!
>Mary

>Misty wrote:
>
>> Need help on how to restore defaults. i uninstalled, reinstalled,
>> uninstalled, etc. and it still uses my settings.
>> i dont know what i did, but the flood fill was working fine, then one
>> day, *POOF* it stopped working. the undo button recognizes that i used
>> the flood fill icon, but it shows nothing on my image. please help.

Nightingail

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Maybe someone already suggested this, I might have missed it. When you click
the Flood Fill tool, look at the Tool Controls tab on the Control Palette
box.. and click the Options button. Make sure your blend mode is set to
"Normal".

I don't know if this will help with the problem or not, but may be worth a
try :)

Regards,
Gail

"Nightingail"
Please visit Candlelight Gallery, my homepage.
http://members.tripod.com/~glenngail/index.html

M & M

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Misty wrote:
>i dont know what i did, but the flood fill was working fine, then one
>day, *POOF* it stopped working. the undo button recognizes that i used
>the flood fill icon, but it shows nothing on my image. please help.

If you're just trying to fill a selection with solid color, make sure in
addition to prior suggestions, that the "Match Mode" on the Control
Palette is set to *None*. Having it set to anything else might seem to
yield no effect. I have yet to figure out how to use the other Match
Modes ....... I'm trying to decipher the relevant info in Help.

Mike

David and/or Jackie Laderoute

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

On Tue, 26 May 1998 16:00:11 -0700, "M & M" <mic...@web-o.net> wrote:
>Misty wrote:

>>i dont know what i did, but the flood fill was working fine, then one
>>day, *POOF* it stopped working. the undo button recognizes that i used
>>the flood fill icon, but it shows nothing on my image. please help.
>
>If you're just trying to fill a selection with solid color, make sure in
>addition to prior suggestions, that the "Match Mode" on the Control
>Palette is set to *None*.

Also, make sure you haven't bumped your Tolerance up.

Jackie

< o \"/ Don't play cat and mouse with me! (
---@ ) ()-()
< o /"\ Jackie Laderoute ja...@baynet.net (o o)
********************************************************************/\o/\

Mary Lewis

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

Thanks to all of you for the help its working again it was the narmal
setting!! Thanks!!

--
Mary Lewis (Liaison NapaValley)
Email=me...@epix.net

Mary's Good Cooking
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/1711
Napa Valley Community Leader Page
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2899
Vote for community Leader of the Month
http://www.geocities.com/features/contest/leaders/

See me on Icq 13075221

vs.ma...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2020, 5:06:49 PM7/4/20
On Friday, May 15, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Misty wrote:
> Need help on how to restore defaults. i uninstalled, reinstalled,
> uninstalled, etc. and it still uses my settings.
> i dont know what i did, but the flood fill was working fine, then one
> day, *POOF* it stopped working. the undo button recognizes that i used
> the flood fill icon, but it shows nothing on my image. please help.
> RE to mc...@hotmail.com

Thank you for a lot of help!!!

TeAnne Pantony

Feb 9, 2021, 12:31:02 AM2/9/21
On Tuesday, 26 May 1998 at 3:00:00 pm UTC+8, M & M wrote:
> Misty wrote:

> addition to prior suggestions, that the "Match Mode" on the Control
> Palette is set to *None*. Having it set to anything else might seem to
> yield no effect. I have yet to figure out how to use the other Match
> Modes ....... I'm trying to decipher the relevant info in Help.
> Mike
Thank you. I had mine set to RGB Value due to a project I was playing with, The floodfill would one work in one area and I had to keep clicking to fill the other selections.