Re: PSP7 or PSP9 in Windows 7 - anyone got working properly?

NotMe

Sep 10, 2019, 1:08:39 AM9/10/19
On 9/2/2019 12:44 AM, Charlie+ wrote:
> Any tricks to getting to work in Windows 7?
> Tried a few days ago with PSP7 and it loaded and worked after a fashion
> (W7 x64) but no real success.
> These are XP era programs which work faultlessly under XP. C+

They both work but will revert to XP graphics window, Only open files
from within the program (no right click - open with),and only print to
the default printer.

NotMe

Oct 12, 2019, 10:36:42 PM10/12/19
On 9/10/2019 1:11 AM, Charlie+ wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 00:08:48 -0500, NotMe <No...@example.invalid> wrote
> as underneath :
> Thanks for reading and reply, I dont understand quite what you mean by
> 'revert to XP graphics' window? Is this something I can workaround?
> I tried to use the camera button to capture Multiple screen areas and it
> failed with many artifacts and I had to give up!
> If I can make it useable I would rather stick to a well used and
> understood program than have to relearn with Gimp etc. C+

I was wrong it reverts to Win 7 Basic menus. it's been awhile since I
used it. Tried the capture on a photo and agree it is not the best.
other screenshot tools you will need to do a copy and paste. Ninite .com
has offers safe downloads of a variety of software, most open source.
There is a screenshot program, Greenshot, in the Imaging section that
might be better, I have not tried that program though.