Re: Apply critical update

SnowWhite

Sep 11, 2005, 1:24:42 PM9/11/05
Is this GENUINE or bogus?

drybones

Sep 11, 2005, 1:43:25 PM9/11/05
Good Question. I shall pass on this potential bogus notice

"SnowWhite" <ThePoe...@iwon.com> wrote in message
Is this GENUINE or bogus?

SnowWhite

Sep 11, 2005, 2:01:03 PM9/11/05
this smacks of the same phony situation as occurred 2 years ago when people in newsgroups were posting critical updates with an attached file.  I DO NOT TRUST IT!  Microsoft does NOT send stuff out like this.  All updates and critical updates and patches are to be gotten from their Windows or Office update pages on MIcrosoft's web site - never by E-mail or newsgroup posts.

"BUYER BEWARE" -- that last go round 2 years ago presented a plethora of virus-infected attached executable files which is why Microsoft put the clamps down in their public newsgroups on attachments, etc.

TAKE NOTE OF IT.

SnowWhite

Sep 11, 2005, 2:02:37 PM9/11/05

THIS IS THE MESSAGE HEADER -- does not look too kosher to me!  Look at all the newsgroups this was sent to!

From: "darlene hoch" <qpq...@kld.com>
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.alias,comp.graphics.apps.avs,comp.graphics.apps.data-explorer,comp.graphics.apps.freehand,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot,comp.graphics.apps.iris-explorer,comp.graphics.apps.pagemaker,comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro
Subject: Apply critical update
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:33:20 +0000 (UTC)

W.Madison

Sep 12, 2005, 7:28:12 AM9/12/05
This is not from Microsoft. MS never emails patches. It is a virus, but if
you don't believe that, why not go ahead and install it and see for
yourself?

THIS IS THE MESSAGE HEADER -- does not look too kosher to me! Look at all
the newsgroups this was sent to!

SnowWhite

Sep 12, 2005, 3:17:51 PM9/12/05
Excuse me, but.... I KNOW DAMNED WELL IT'S A VIRUS.  I BETA TEST FOR MICROSOFT AND I KNOW WHAT A DISASTER THERE WAS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH POSTS JUST LIKE THIS PROPORTING TO COME FROM MICROSOFT.  ANY AND ALL UPDATES ARE DERIVED DIRECTLY FROM THEIR WEB SITE PAGES AT MICROSOFT.COM  SO WHAT IN THE HELL PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON THAT YOU TOOK ME FOR THE FOOL?

MICROSOFT NEVER MAILS OUT PATCHES IN INDIVIDUAL E-MAILS.  THAT HAS HAS NOT NOR IS THEIR MODUS OPERANDI!

NOW YOU CAN CRAWL BACK UNDER THE ROCK FROM WHICH YOU CAME!

Herb Kauhry

Sep 12, 2005, 4:32:55 PM9/12/05
Geeze, Snowy.  Have a tiff with the dwarves last night?  Or is it 'that time" of the month?

Bjorn Olsson d.ä

Sep 12, 2005, 5:13:25 PM9/12/05
In article <yh_Ue.20$zw2...@news.uswest.net>,
"SnowWhite" <ThePoe...@iwon.com> wrote:

Anyone careless and (frankly) stupid enough to install any file posted
on a newsgroup or anywhere except the manufacturer's site deserves a
wiped harddrive and reinstalls a plenty.
And people, get a mac :-)

SnowWhite

Sep 13, 2005, 12:39:43 PM9/13/05
Geeze, Louise - you are funny!  I do not experience "that time of the month" anymore!  I am well past menopause! <cackle!>
On the other hand...  have you escaped from Rapunzel's tower?!

FunkyRes

Sep 14, 2005, 4:41:03 AM9/14/05
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:17:51 -0700, SnowWhite wrote:

> Excuse me, but.... I KNOW DAMNED WELL IT'S A VIRUS. I BETA TEST FOR MICROSOFT AND I KNOW WHAT A DISASTER THERE WAS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH POSTS JUST LIKE THIS PROPORTING TO COME FROM MICROSOFT. ANY AND ALL UPDATES ARE DERIVED DIRECTLY FROM THEIR WEB SITE PAGES AT MICROSOFT.COM SO WHAT IN THE HELL PLANET ARE YOU LIVING ON THAT YOU TOOK ME FOR THE FOOL?
>
> MICROSOFT NEVER MAILS OUT PATCHES IN INDIVIDUAL E-MAILS. THAT HAS HAS NOT NOR IS THEIR MODUS OPERANDI!
>
> NOW YOU CAN CRAWL BACK UNDER THE ROCK FROM WHICH YOU CAME!

Would you mind wrapping the text portion of your messages - and leaving
out the html portions?

Thanks.

Daniel

Sep 15, 2005, 4:31:02 AM9/15/05