Using data from comment lines

David Partridge

Dec 27, 2021, 8:52:17 AM12/27/21
Given a file that starts like this:

# Date/Time 2021/12/22, 10:52:53
# PonE=0,LsKp=200,LsKi=0,LsKd=250,HsKp=40,HsKi=0,HsKd=130,Sp=800,TDEC=1175137
#
# Rel. Time, currentPos, PosPID, currentSpeed, speedPID, Lag, ServoPos
0.00000,4693184,0,0,0,0,4693184
0.00000,4693184,2300,0,368,0,4693184

I would like to display the date and time as Centred Text at the top of the plot, and to display the link that starts PonE as a caption (maybe top right). As bonus I've like to take the value following TDEC= and use that to draw a horizontal line marked as "Target".

The following lines contain the data to be plotted.

Some help in achieving that will be most welcome with explanations I can understand ... I'm still struggling with the manual.

Thanks
David

David Partridge

Dec 27, 2021, 8:54:53 AM12/27/21
On Monday, December 27, 2021 at 1:52:17 PM UTC, David Partridge wrote:
> display the link that starts PonE as a caption (maybe top right).

Sorry that should have read "the line that starts # PonE"

David Partridge

Dec 29, 2021, 7:05:48 AM12/29/21
So if the line with the date/time and test conditions (line starting "# PonE") can't be comments

How would that work?