is there an autosave?

brib...@gmail.com

May 11, 2020, 5:28:48 PM5/11/20
I cant find the setting for autosave. I just lost a lot of work and i would like to have GIMP automatically prevent that from happening again. TIA

Bruno

Aug 13, 2020, 1:29:59 AM8/13/20
On 2020-05-11, brib...@gmail.com <brib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I cant find the setting for autosave. I just lost a lot of work and i would
> like to have GIMP automatically prevent that from happening again. TIA

It seems it's not the case. Here's a post I just found doing a quick search:

<https://www.reddit.com/r/GIMP/comments/f4bhas/does_gimp_have_auto_save/>

Although there's a way to do it, but with some more programs, as it's explained
here:

<https://www.easeus.com/file-recovery/gimp-file-recovery.html>

lisa

Aug 13, 2020, 3:54:42 AM8/13/20
On Mon, 11 May 2020 14:28:47 -0700 (PDT), brib...@gmail.com wrote:

>I cant find the setting for autosave. I just lost a lot of work and i would like to have GIMP automatically prevent that from happening again. TIA

it looks like GIMP will never get an autosave.
I never tested or tried this.
I prefer an autosave function which saves to a xxx(1).xcf and not
overwrites the original xxx.xcf

https://askubuntu.com/questions/354041/how-do-i-recover-unsaved-files-in-gimp