Question about Evie's Hand font in Gimp 2.10

Charlie Roberts

Nov 5, 2021, 6:45:56 PM11/5/21

I am running GIMP 2.10 in Windows 10.

I have the font Evies's Hand loaded on the machine
and it works fine in the word processor, etc. But
in GIMP the blanks come out as a square with
0020 inside.

I haev a feeling that this is somehow tied to the
"%20" string that one sees in web addresses, etc.

How can one get rid of the character and get
a real blank? Is it possible at all?

thanks

lisa

Jan 2, 2022, 6:41:20 AM1/2/22
On Fri, 05 Nov 2021 18:45:47 -0400, Charlie Roberts
<crob...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am running GIMP 2.10 in Windows 10.

running 2.10.30 on W7

>I have the font Evies's Hand loaded on the machine
>and it works fine in the word processor, etc. But
>in GIMP the blanks come out as a square with
>0020 inside.

can't recreate it

>How can one get rid of the character and get
>a real blank?

no idea

> Is it possible at all?

yes I have no problems with that font.
Blanks are blanks
--

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of it's existence." Nikola Tesla