Add OpenGL support for my SiS 6326

Quasar70

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
Hello,

I have a SiS 6326, this board doesn't support OpenGL and I want to play
Quake 3 test.
Where I can download a patch or an adaptation software ?

Guido Böttcher

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
I also have a SiS 6326 graphic card and have downloaded from my card
manufacturer a
new driver (win98) which supports OpenGL ICD on this chip. And this specific
driver seems to
be a generic SiS 6326 since it has no other company described in the
installler than SiS.
But sadly i have to say that this driver does not work correct. I get
everytime when i start quake3
my system hangs. I would suggest you to buy a good 3D Accelerator like TNT
or Voodoo.
I use this graphic card only as a 2d accelerator and TV out card, the 3d
functions are very slow.
Even a voodoo2 graphic card which i currently use for quake3 has some
performance problems which
makes the game unplayable in some levels (alpha blending decreases the
performance to 4 fps).

Charles E Hardwidge

Dec 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/29/99
Try GlDirect from Scitech Software, available at;
http://www.scitechsoft.com/

It wraps your directX drivers with opengl. Credit for this cannot go
entirely to Scitech, underlying GlDirect is Mesa. I have tried it on my
system and it works reasonably well, under the circumstances. As I have an
up to date gl driver for my 3d card now, it has been binned. Performance
does suffer a bit of a hit, although the only way of finding out is to run
it.

As for Q3, unless you have a highly specced machine, forget it. I came
across some benchmarks of Q3 on various systems that people might find handy
at; http://www.reactorcritical.com/ Personally speaking, the less I hear
about Q3 the better, although that is another story, and wandering off
topic,...

--
***Anti - Spam Email Address***

ANY correspondence not of direct relevance to my posting, or any offer of
sale will be considered SPAM. Under UK law this breaches the Computer Misuse
Act, rendering the sender liable to a three year sentence and/or unlimited
fine. By sending me email, you agree the sending be covered by UK law.

ne...@eatmyshorts.fsnet.co.uk
Please replace eatmyshorts with hardwidge to reply.