Backface culling of Earth countries and provinces not working properly.

Skybuck Flying

Aug 9, 2022, 11:02:11 AM8/9/22
I found this dataset first because I was searching for JSON file format:

https://github.com/martynafford/natural-earth-geojson

It seems to be a conversion of version 4 of this github repository, but I am running into a problem:

I am trying to render polygon lines in such a way that only the front of the sphere/globe is showing, but some parts of the backside is also showing, I am not sure why this is, perhaps an issue with the input data ? or perhaps the conversion process ? or perhaps some issue with GLScene or OpenGL ?

https://youtu.be/stQoXVrZgtA

I could try and read the dbf file to see if these backface culling problems are caused by the conversion, or if this is simply part of this dataset, and I will try and use version 5.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Aug 9, 2022, 11:06:53 AM8/9/22

Skybuck Flying

Aug 9, 2022, 11:38:40 AM8/9/22
On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 5:02:11 PM UTC+2, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> I found this dataset first because I was searching for JSON file format:
>
> https://github.com/martynafford/natural-earth-geojson
>
> It seems to be a conversion of version 4 of this github repository, but I am running into a problem:
>
> I am trying to render polygon lines in such a way that only the front of the sphere/globe is showing, but some parts of the backside is also showing, I am not sure why this is, perhaps an issue with the input data ? or perhaps the conversion process ? or perhaps some issue with GLScene or OpenGL ?
>
> https://youtu.be/stQoXVrZgtA

Correct video link will be:

https://youtu.be/dEiZ3wIyaLw

if google manages to process it.

I had to cut something off at the end, some sensitive data was leaked :)