Game sprites required for professional computer game

Andrew Gower

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
We are interesting in purchasing some 2d sprites for our new runescape RPG
game.
(see http://www.jagex.com/runescape.html)

The sort of thing we need is animations of various monsters to use in our
game. For instance a dragon, a giant-rat, a giant-spider, a skeleton, a
ghost, etc... To give you a sense of scale we imagine the skeleton would be
aprox 48x88 pixels (doesn't have to be exactly that size). The rat perhaps
97x53 pixels (side view size). The dragon would perhaps 140x100 (side view
size).

Each monster needs to be drawn facing 5 different directions with 3 frames
of walking animation per direction (we are actually using 8 directions, but
for 3 of them we are just flipping other views to save memory, the monsters
need to be designed so they flip without any obvious innacuracies, (e.g
objects switching hand) but we're not worrying about the shading being the
wrong way around on a few frames as this really doesn't show up).

We also require a 3 frame combat animation per monster, this only needs to
be drawn from one viewing angle (sideways on - facing right).

If anyone thinks they can supply these graphics or knows a good place where
I can look please contact me via email. We would need to own any graphics we
commission, such that they are exclusive to our game. We are also interested
in top-quality graphics only, as we aiming for a professional quality game.

Graphics should be supplied in 256 colour gif format. No jpegs please, and
no anti-aliasing or dithering! (It takes too much memory, this is going to
be an online game so has to download quickly). We do of course still want
them to look good, so good shading and fine detail is important.

If you can supply these graphics please tell me:
a) how much will it cost per monster (Each monster requires a total of 18
frames of animation)
b) do you have any relevant samples of work I can see? For example any
animating sprite of a monster or person. The more examples the better, as we
have no shortage of internet bandwidth here. We won't use any samples you
send us in our game without paying you.
c) Any other relevant information you can give me

Thanks

Andrew Gower
Jagex Software (http://www.jagex.com)
Unit 213, 48 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1FD, England
Tel: +44 (0)870 3215241

David Bickley

Oct 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/17/00
Do the monsters need weapons? What kind of game is it? What genre? Is
there a theme?
Is there a deadline? When's the deadline? How will you pay if I decide to
do it? Hand drawn or 3d animation? ( that seriously affects the cost )

If you're really serious I'd be happy to help just help me out with the
above info and I'll give you the price per sprite.

Get back to me
David Bickley
Andrew Gower <mran...@bitsmart.com> wrote in message

Andrew Gower

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
None of the monsters I gave as examples need weapons except the skeleton. To
add in weapons we're using an "identikit" style system wherby they are drawn
on afterwards to allow monsters to hold different weapons. Probably best to
leave the skeleton till last since it's more complicated (i.e the hands need
to be in the correct place so they line up with the hands of our other
monsters and they can hold the same weapons).

The game is a fantasy role-playing game. With a typical "dungeons and
dragons" sort of theme and style.

I don't mind how you create the graphics as long as they look good, but the
graphics should be supplied to me as 2d gifs. I except that the graphics may
need to be drawn by hand directly on the computer, since they need to be
quite small and detailed. (this is how the graphics we have so far were
produced). Please take a look at http://www.jagex.com/orc.gif for an example
of the sort of graphics we require. There are further samples of graphics at
http://www.jagex.com/runescape.html for instance you should be able to see
our unicorn in this picture http://www.jagex.com/rune3.html

We usually pay by cheque, although we could probably also arrange to
transfer the money directly into your bank account if you prefer.We have
both UK and US bank accounts, so should be able to pay in either pounds or
dollars.

I would prefer to see some sort of sample of artwork of this style (i.e fine
detail sprite work). If I'm happy with that and the price then I'll
commission you to do one of the monsters below, if that's good then I'll
probably make a larger order for several more graphics.

Thanks

Andrew Gower
Jagex Software (http://www.jagex.com)
Unit 213, 48 Regent Street, Cambridge, CB2 1FD, England
Tel: +44 (0)870 3215241

"David Bickley" <kee...@mwis.net> wrote in message

Andrew Gower

Oct 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/18/00
Oops forgot to mention the deadline.
I'd certainly want the graphics within 2 months. Prefarably sooner.

tylerh...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2015, 8:29:02 PM6/7/15
On Wednesday, October 18, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Andrew Gower wrote:
> Oops forgot to mention the deadline.
> I'd certainly want the graphics within 2 months. Prefarably sooner.

hi past gower, im future tyler

theaus...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2015, 9:13:53 PM6/7/15
Bug was here

BAlb...@heritagehall.com

Jun 7, 2015, 9:17:32 PM6/7/15
I'd be interested in helping. How much is the pay?

cole_of_...@yahoo.com

Jun 7, 2015, 11:17:10 PM6/7/15
the good ol' days when andrew was our leader :(

johne...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 12:37:45 AM6/8/15
hehe penis

pedrot...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 1:11:39 AM6/8/15
Guthix died. :'(

jenn...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 5:19:20 AM6/8/15
On Wednesday, October 18, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Andrew Gower wrote:
> Oops forgot to mention the deadline.
> I'd certainly want the graphics within 2 months. Prefarably sooner.

O look old posts that don't have faces I miss those days.
Message has been deleted

135ja...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2015, 12:56:02 PM6/8/15
On Tuesday, October 17, 2000 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, David Bickley wrote:
> Do the monsters need weapons? What kind of game is it? What genre? Is
> there a theme?
> Is there a deadline? When's the deadline? How will you pay if I decide to
> do it? Hand drawn or 3d animation? ( that seriously affects the cost )
>
> If you're really serious I'd be happy to help just help me out with the
> above info and I'll give you the price per sprite.
>
> Get back to me
> David Bickley
> Andrew Gower <mran...@bitsmart.com> wrote in message
plot twist davids actually mod mark

maurice meerts

Aug 6, 2021, 7:26:56 PM8/6/21
Op dinsdag 17 oktober 2000 om 09:00:00 UTC+2 schreef Andrew Gower:
2021 time flies

maurice meerts

Jun 13, 2022, 6:22:29 PM6/13/22
Op zaterdag 7 augustus 2021 om 01:26:56 UTC+2 schreef maurice meerts:
still here bois