daytona arcade game.

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Silvio Cesare

unread,
Jun 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/18/95
to
anyone seen this? anyone know the specs on it?

--
Silvio

Robert Kedward

unread,
Jun 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/18/95
to
In article <3s07m4$f...@janus.cqu.edu.au> ba...@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au (Silvio Cesare) writes:
>From: ba...@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au (Silvio Cesare)
>Subject: daytona arcade game.
>Date: 18 Jun 1995 03:48:20 GMT

>anyone seen this? anyone know the specs on it?
>
>--
>Silvio

Seen it? Worshiped it!

It runs on SEGA's "MODEL 2" system board, which handles something like
360,000 polys per sec! If ya want to know more dig out a copy of EDGE, that'
s usually full of news on SEGA stuff.

Rob.K.

vol.it

unread,
Jun 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/18/95
to
In <3s07m4$f...@janus.cqu.edu.au>, ba...@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au (Silvio Cesare) writes:
>anyone seen this? anyone know the specs on it?

it is based on Real3D chipset, you can find all the info on

http://www.mmc.com/real3d/

This chipset is amazing, but it have a little rasterization bug that I
explained here when info about Real3D were posted,
but nobody replied..

ciaox
//===================================================================
// - Davide Pasca - d.p...@agora.stm.it
// - realtime 3d
// ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/demos/alpha/r/rtmx20.zip (old but good)
// - boring apps on mac
// The real eezee seedee pro mac developer
// - webs (of oldness !) on amiga


Richard Walter

unread,
Jun 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/19/95
to
@vol.it writes:

>In <3s07m4$f...@janus.cqu.edu.au>, ba...@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au (Silvio Cesare) writes:
>>anyone seen this? anyone know the specs on it?

>it is based on Real3D chipset, you can find all the info on

For the LAST TIME: IT IS *NOT* BASED ON THE Real3D CHIPSET!!!!!!!!!!
The chipset is the next generation of technology from the Model 2 board
used by sega. If it used the chipset, don't you think it would be anti-
aliased? Get your information right before spouting it out.

- Rich

d.p...@agora.stm.it

unread,
Jun 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/21/95
to
In <3s3vbv$b...@er5.rutgers.edu>, rc...@er5.rutgers.edu (Richard Walter) writes:
>@vol.it writes:
>
>>In <3s07m4$f...@janus.cqu.edu.au>, ba...@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au (Silvio Cesare) writes:
>>>anyone seen this? anyone know the specs on it?
>
>>it is based on Real3D chipset, you can find all the info on
>
>For the LAST TIME: IT IS *NOT* BASED ON THE Real3D CHIPSET!!!!!!!!!!
>The chipset is the next generation of technology from the Model 2 board
>used by sega. If it used the chipset, don't you think it would be anti-
>aliased? Get your information right before spouting it out.

.sorry, I didn't know my words could bring an international accident..
Man, take it easy..

paul palma

unread,
Jun 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/22/95
to
@vol.it wrote:
> it is based on Real3D chipset, you can find all the info on
>
> http://www.mmc.com/real3d/
>
> This chipset is amazing, but it have a little rasterization bug that I
> explained here when info about Real3D were posted,
> but nobody replied..
>

For your information the Daytona game is based on the SEGA Model 2 board NOT the REAL3D
chipset. Lockheed Martin and SEGA jointly developed the Model 2 system. The REAL3D chipset
is a newer technology. I missed the post regarding a rasterization bug
but I believe that you must be referring to the Model 2 system not the REAL3D.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages