3D Collision Detection Math

Jonas Vago

Aug 4, 2001, 1:50:14 PM8/4/01
Intersection of line and triangles/planes are easy...

But I need a cylinder/triangle collision detector.

Where can I find it?

Thanks!

Noisy

Aug 5, 2001, 10:08:59 AM8/5/01
I need intersection between line and house ... lol guess how I would do it
? But I have never seen such algorithm .. LOL

"Jonas Vago" <jv...@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message

Gino van den Bergen

Aug 6, 2001, 3:37:39 AM8/6/01

SOLID 2.0 (www.win.tue.nl/~gino/solid/) has an implementation of GJK,
which is an algorithm for collision detection between any pair of convex
types.

Alternatively, as described in David Eberly's book "3D Game Engine
Design", it would be easier if you allowed your cylinder to have
hemisphere caps (shape of a hot dog). Since then you only need to
compute the distance between the triangle and the center line segment of
the cylindrical capsule and compare it with the radius of the
capsule

--
Gino van den Bergen
www.dtecta.com