Skybuck's Review of X-Com 2: 10 out of 10 stars !

Skybuck Flying

Feb 16, 2016, 4:56:59 PM2/16/16
Hello,

I think it's about time I wrote a little review about X-Com 2.

I finished it since a few days, I gave myself some rest to see if my
oppinion of the game was change, but it has not.

In short X-Com 2 is GREAT ! I found it about 10x better than X-Com 1 from
2012 and it's expansion pack.

I will sum it up shortly for you:

1. Graphics/design much better.
2. Sound effects better.
3. Music much better.
4. Enemy Artificial Intelligence much better.
5. Mystery GREAT ! It has it's own story now and has nothing to do with
x-com 1 original... story-wise... so that's great. Except that it continues
from x-com 1 story line and world was lost, now in X-Com 2 you have to
reconquer it and make the people rise up against their overlords ! ;) =D

There was some bugs here and there but no real major show stoppers for me.

The only thing I wished that the game did a bit better was attack me more,
so I would like to see some alien groups roaming around more... and going
through buildings and such.

There were some patrols of enemies going about, but I found it too little
and too inefficient and such. They rarely catched me really.

Though I had lots of struggles playing this game at first mostly... and in
middle game... the game is much more difficult, and ofcourse you have to
re-figure out which technologies to invent, and which buildings are
best/most important to build first... and how to get income and stuff like
that.

This I found pleasant... this game challenged me which is good !

I lost plenty of soldiers at start... now sure what the hell I was doing
lol.

I cannot give this game less than 10 out of 10 points basically !

This game was created with love, pasion and convinction ! That's for sure !

I was worried before I played the game that I may not like the story of
x-com 2, that somehow it would make the game suck, that being in the future
would suck, but it was actually the opposite !

It was very cool.

Think of this game like "mirror's edge" meets a darker and more gritty and a
little bit more horrific version of x-com 1 from 2012 ! =D

As far as I am concerned X-Com 2 hit the sweet spot graphically !

Also the players/characters looked jummy/delicious/beautifull.. during the
landing procedure I just was in awe always... it's so cool to watch them in
the drop ship.

The enemies look much better this time too.

Some slight surprises though:

Not all enemies from x-com 1 are present again... actually most are missing,
so most enemies are actually new ones.

I did kinda miss the old ones... like the muton bosses, though rest assured
the cool beserker still in it... and some very cool new ones... I am a bit
surprised that the old ones got removed.

Ofcourse those that were updated like chrysallids is logical... thin man is
missing... it was indeed a bit a strange character. The snakemen look very
cool and are to be feared somewhat, the chrystalids are also to be feared
they have some new tricks up their sleeves ! as well as snakemen ! ;)

One last thing: I would like to see some more blood and gore and intestinals
of animals or human beings. I kinda missed the horrific experiments that
aliens did in x-com 1 original mostly.

There are some incubators in x-com 2 but it wasn't horrific enough ! ;) More
like a green fancy pancy hospital...

So make it a bit more horrific next time with some more intestinals in jars
or glass thing or something, that would be cool ! ;)

To add fun to it, add some extra blood/gore/juicy which drip out when the
jars are shot kaputt ! :) LOL.

In short:

This is 100% a game not to be missed, especially for x-com fans ! ;) =D
BOOOYEAH ! ;) =D

(
Oh by the way, I played it on AMD X2 3800+, 4 GB of system RAM, and
Asus/Nvidia GT 520 with 1 GB of video ram

I played it on mostly low resolution and minimum settings ! So yes this game
can be played on a 10 year old computer with a slightly updated graphics
card/directx 10.1 or 11.

Which is crazy cool ! ;) =D Perhaps playing it on low resolution is even
more beautifulll so the textures are more blurry though I also saw
animations on faster systems which look a bit cooler than on my slower
system :) Also playing at slightly lower speed might give you more time to
think... and such... to stay calm... I see some youtubers... wow they play
crazily fast like overwatch on all units in 1 second, that took like 30
seconds on my system or so lol, and they seem to panick/nervous a lot or
something... like they feel more rushed... but that's ok, one most get used
to that... or perhaps it just seems that way ! ;)
I was just very happy that this game played on my system ! So devs well done
(on the (mostly graphics) scaling of the game) ! ;) =D
)

Bye,
Skybuck.