An alternative outcome of nuclear war.

1 view

Skybuck Flying

Aug 7, 2015, 2:44:09 PM8/7/15
Hello,

Have you ever wondered, what would happen if the other side launched their
missiles, starting a nuclear war ?

Let's suppose the Russians launch all nukes at USA.

The USA General is faced with a slight dilemma... if he/she launches too...
or the president/whatever... then he/she may be deciding the faith of
humanity: "total destruction" / "end of humanity".

What to do ? Launch or not Launch ? Is there an alternative ? =D

Today I present to you an alternative:

Instead of counter-launching everything, the conclusion could be:

1. USA is doomed, the nuclear missiles cannot all be stopped, most of the
land will be radiated.

Let's assume the goal is to "maximize" survivability of the human race.

Then the only option is not to launch their nuclear arsenal, because that
would radiate russia too and the rest of the world.

So the logical conclusion seems to be:

2. Don't radiatate Russia back... instead order a massive evacuation of the
USA and invade Russia to take their unradiated land from their hands ! :) So
humanity can life forth =D

Funny alternative isn't it ? :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Aug 7, 2015, 2:52:01 PM8/7/15
Reminds me a bit of the "parasite" strategic/tactic of some corewar
warriors.

Unfortunately lol..., some warriors have intended or unintentional
anti-parasite code... ;)

Maybe it's possible to create a very special corewar warrior, that tries to
locate 1 single cell inside the enemy warrior, where it can safely spawn a
copy of itself so it stays alive ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Aug 7, 2015, 2:58:21 PM8/7/15
Maybe many instructions possible, but perhaps not that many.

All instruction combinations could be tested/brute forced against a large
quantity of existing warriors.

Then see which instruction works best to scan for, as a safe landing place,
based on total score or so ? ;)

Scan code might not even be required to learn which instruction is safest to
land on.

Simply all warriors could be tested, each instruction of theirs landed on or
so... however multiple lands on it might make it a bit more difficult to
test.

This could also prevent having to test all possible instruction
combinations.

Now it would be a case of brute forcing the existing population... ofcourse
the population could adept but still... nice idea(s)...

What is then left to do is construct an adequate scanner that can find such
instruction or instructions fast and land/spawn on it.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Jon Elson

Aug 7, 2015, 5:18:22 PM8/7/15
Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Have you ever wondered, what would happen if the other side launched their
> missiles, starting a nuclear war ?
>
> Let's suppose the Russians launch all nukes at USA.
>
> The USA General is faced with a slight dilemma... if he/she launches
> too... or the president/whatever... then he/she may be deciding the faith
> of humanity: "total destruction" / "end of humanity".
>
> What to do ? Launch or not Launch ? Is there an alternative ? =D
>
> Today I present to you an alternative:
>
> Instead of counter-launching everything, the conclusion could be:
>
> 1. USA is doomed, the nuclear missiles cannot all be stopped, most of the
> land will be radiated.
>
> Let's assume the goal is to "maximize" survivability of the human race.
>
> Then the only option is not to launch their nuclear arsenal, because that
> would radiate russia too and the rest of the world.
>
> So the logical conclusion seems to be:
>
> 2. Don't radiatate Russia back... instead order a massive evacuation of
> the USA
Except you have less than 10 minutes to evacuate the country! Think you can
do that? Check out how long it takes to evacuate a town when there's a
hurricane bearing down, or a forest fire.

Jon

Skybuck Flying

Aug 7, 2015, 6:11:03 PM8/7/15
"
Except you have less than 10 minutes to evacuate the country! Think you can
do that? Check out how long it takes to evacuate a town when there's a
hurricane bearing down, or a forest fire.

Jon
"

I thought it was more than a few hours....

But it might depend on which direction the nukes are coming ?!?

Perhaps nukes from USA to Russia take longer... than vice versa... earth's
spin and all ?!

Or did something change and have rockets become faster ? ;)

At least in the game defcon... I think the time was something like a few
hours to traverse the globe ?

Is the game wrong ? Or are you wrong ? LOL :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.: (Cool trick there you did with the follow ups/newsgroup... first time
I see that ! LOL very cool ! ;) =D)

That could be heavily abused lol... if set to very many short ones ! LOL.

Skybuck Flying

Aug 7, 2015, 6:32:48 PM8/7/15
Cool... I did it wrong the first time LOL... but I think I now how to do it
now... launch 1 failed....

Here comes LAUNCH attempt NUMBER 2 ! ;) =D

Re-launching lol, in 5 4 3 2 1:

"
I have to try out that trick lol... just this once to see how far it can be
taken lol...

Maybe not that far... usually just 5 or 6 allowed... but nothing is going to
stop my mail reader from accepting it...

So here goes ! ;)

Alphabet-ized newsgroups coming up your ass when you click reply in
5,4,3,2,1 ZERO LAUNCH LOL.

Bye,
Skylaunch ! ;) =D
"

Oh yeah... rockets away ! ;) =D

rickman

Aug 8, 2015, 1:30:03 AM8/8/15
On 8/7/2015 2:44 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have you ever wondered, what would happen if the other side launched
> their missiles, starting a nuclear war ?

No.

--

Rick

Skybuck Flying

Aug 8, 2015, 8:06:19 AM8/8/15
Perhaps houses in the sky would be nice to survive...

Or even better in space haha.

Skyhouse ! :)

Reminds me a bit of oblivion ! ;) :)

Ofcourse nukes can be detonated in the sky... but how effective the
shockwave would be against a floating/flying house... hmmm I dont know...

Maybe the house in the sky can survive it ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Aug 8, 2015, 8:23:40 AM8/8/15
On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 14:06:20 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
<skybu...@hotmail.com> Gave us:

>Bye,
> Skybuck.

GO AWAY, you RETARDED, Usenet news group abusing STUPID FUCK!

Mike

Aug 8, 2015, 10:59:32 AM8/8/15

"Skybuck Flying" <skybu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Rather than base your thinking on the movie "On The Beach" You would
have much more to offer by reading "On Thermonuclear War" by Herman
Kahn. His book explains the full range of alternatives based on
research conducted for the Air Force by the Rand Corporation.

Mike

Skybuck Flying

Aug 8, 2015, 2:07:33 PM8/8/15
"
Rather than base your thinking on the movie "On The Beach" You would
have much more to offer by reading "On Thermonuclear War" by Herman
Kahn. His book explains the full range of alternatives based on
research conducted for the Air Force by the Rand Corporation.
"

Was my suggested scenerio included ? :)

Bye,
Skywar ! ;) =D

Shaun

Aug 8, 2015, 11:24:24 PM8/8/15

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
> [...]
Skybuck........ you are brain dead man! Unfortunately there would be NO
WAY of evacuating all those people in that short a notice, Mass panic would
start as soon as word got you, all the roads would be blocked and no one
would be able to leave. They wouldn't even know where safe zones are. Some
could escape by plane, but only the important people (Government people,
very rich with connections,...) that were well aware of all that is
happening. The USA maybe able to destroy some in the upper atmosphere, the
Star wars project may still be useable from the early 70s.

Sorry to rain on this parade, I know you are trying to do good.

Shaun

George Neuner

Aug 9, 2015, 1:58:15 AM8/9/15
On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 00:11:21 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
<skybu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Except you have less than 10 minutes to evacuate the country!
>
>I thought it was more than a few hours....

For jet bombers in the 1950s. For land based ICBMs the flight time is
25-30 minutes total.

>But it might depend on which direction the nukes are coming ?!?

Yes. Some - like submarine launched missiles - might take much less
than 30 minutes.

>Perhaps nukes from USA to Russia take longer... than vice versa... earth's
>spin and all ?!

Insignificant. Between USA and Russia, most of the missiles will
travel over the North polar regions, relying on the Earth's spin to
bring them over their targets.

Skybuck Flying

Aug 9, 2015, 8:20:14 AM8/9/15
How about everybody sits on rockets every day :)

As soon as nukes are detected...

Everybody shoot into the sky ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

Aug 9, 2015, 11:17:56 PM8/9/15
This may need some clarification.

The idea is not to make a human rocket...

The idea is to bring people into the sky and/or orbit so they can survive
nuclear impact on the ground :)

Perhaps digging into the ground is a better idea ;) :)

Though then one has to deal with nuclear fall out eventually...

Perhaps the sky/orbit/moon not a bad idea...

Could it get nuked too ? ;)

Maybe time for a moon base... for just such an event of a nuclear war...

Or maybe a moon base... will trigger a nuclear war... cause they safe up
there ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck :)

Skybuck Flying

Aug 10, 2015, 2:03:37 PM8/10/15
> This may need some clarification.
>
> The idea is not to make a human rocket...
>
> The idea is to bring people into the sky and/or orbit so they can survive
> nuclear impact on the ground :)

"
Do you know how much time it takes for a pre-launch checkout, even if you
have everything ready in advance? Hint: a lot more than an hour.
"

Well now that I think about it somemore...

Here are some ideas:

Construction of new buildings with launch tubes inside of them.

Then important people go sit in a rocket...

And the rocket shoots through the building through the launch tube... all
the way up into the air...

Like a missile silo sort of...

Only problem is what to do when the rocket is at it's highest point ?

Deploy a parachute and hope for the best ?

Or perhaps have a little propellor above it... so it can stay up for a while
?

Glide ?

Or perhaps a sky-platform... where they can seek shelter... until nuclear
impacts on the ground are over ;) :)

Sky-platform has adventage of being movevable in mid-air.

Some newsgroups re-added cause this is kinda interesting ! ;) =D

ANTI-NUCLEAR-WARHEAD-TECHNICALLY-IDEAS ! ;) =D LOL.

Who would have thought huh ?! ;) =D

Ofcourse this does not yet protect the infastructure.

Perhaps entire buildings could lift off ! ;) =D

Reminds me of avangers or x-men or something... floating
platforms/floating/flying carriers ! ;)

Perhaps even working from a cheap blimp might be safer ?! ;) :) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

David Brown

Aug 11, 2015, 2:45:52 AM8/11/15
On 10/08/15 20:03, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Some newsgroups re-added cause this is kinda interesting ! ;) =D

Obviously this stuff is interesting to /you/, but it is not of interest
to anyone else in any of these unrelated newsgroups.

You clearly have lots of ideas going around your head - but they are not
programming ideas and don't belong in these newsgroups. Why don't you
start a blog, or twitter page, or facebook page, or something like that?
Then you can freely post whatever you like on these topics - and if
they are of interest to anyone else, they will spread from there.

And once you have started serious work on your rocket launchers (or
whatever) and need help with the coding or electronics design, you can
come back to these newsgroups.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Aug 11, 2015, 3:31:43 AM8/11/15
On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:45:51 +0200, David Brown
<david...@hesbynett.no> Gave us:

>Obviously this stuff is interesting to /you/, but it is not of interest
>to anyone else in any of these unrelated newsgroups.

He is too goddamned stupid to understand civil conventions.