Looking for the Lord Of The Rings font

Weyert de Boer

Jan 26, 2003, 11:20:29 AM1/26/03
Hi

Does anyone got the font that is used on the billboards of Lord Of The Ring?

Yours,

Weyert

Andrew Stephenson

Jan 26, 2003, 8:08:49 PM1/26/03
In article <yUTY9.42798$7F3.3...@zwoll1.home.nl> m...@weyert.nl writes:

> Does anyone got the font that is used on the billboards of Lord
> Of The Ring?

I asked this question a few weeks ago and got zero response, so
assumed it meant nobody then on-line knew the answers.

If you mean the font used in, say, the titles, a German fan made
a sort-of-font by collecting up the examples available (eg, from
the various international versions) and improvising the missing
letters and numbers. I lost the URL but you could Google for the
name he gave it: "Ringbearer".

If you mean the font on, say, the maps, the closest I have found
at large is American Uncial. The similar one the film people use
for end-credits is vastly nicer; but (as I remarked at the time)
it's unlikely they'll release that one any day soon.
--
Andrew Stephenson

nick.smith10

Jan 27, 2003, 4:06:55 PM1/27/03

Ringbearer Medium is available here, and widely accepted as the font used in
the film titles, I believe.

http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/?d=Famous&p=1

Direct download link here....

http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/download.is?id=6873

Weyert de Boer <m...@weyert.nl> wrote in message

Carina....@mytools2go.ca

Jun 14, 2017, 6:44:56 PM6/14/17
I have the same question but I am doing a project on J.R.R. Tolkien and I want to use the ring bearer font but the only thing is, My teacher wants us to do it on google slides and thats my problem.( And it is due tomorrow)

king L

Sep 30, 2021, 10:08:56 PM9/30/21
>Bruh

king L