alternative font for chaparral?

Rudolf Harras

Jan 14, 2009, 6:02:36 AM1/14/09
Hi!

I remember that Corel Draw once continued some fonts that had different
names but were similar to some original fonts.

In the moment I'm looking for "chaparral pro bold italic caption", is it
somehow possible to find similar alternatvies?

Thane

Jan 15, 2009, 12:29:52 AM1/15/09
"Rudolf Harras" <rud...@temporaryforwarding.com> wrote in message
Chaparral is an Adobe Original by Carol Twombley. It's sold by Adobe,
Linotype and Bitstream (myfonts.com). Although the bulk of the Corel library
is by Bitstream, I don't think they have done anything analogous to
Chaparral. It's a great design, much underused (thankfully).

Thane

Armadillo

Jan 15, 2009, 1:21:29 AM1/15/09

> Chaparral is an Adobe Original by Carol Twombley. It's sold by Adobe,
> Linotype and Bitstream (myfonts.com). Although the bulk of the Corel library
> is by Bitstream, I don't think they have done anything analogous to
> Chaparral. It's a great design, much underused (thankfully).

Thank you for the tip. I've always admired Carol Twombleys work. For example Lithos is a great design but heavily overused.

Maybe I have overlooked Chaparral because it reminds me about a TV series from my childhood, The High Chaparral.

Now I begin to overuse it.

Jukka

Thane

Jan 15, 2009, 2:24:25 AM1/15/09
"Armadillo" <re...@newsgroup.pls> wrote in message
I had a difficult time making myself use it for EXACTLY the same reason.
Finally, I used it for the body text of a book and was very pleased with the
page color and legibility. Perhaps if the name were different more would
have tried it.

Thane

dimas...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2013, 10:38:16 AM10/27/13
Almost five years later, guys, what you say about Vollkorn? I'm looking for something like Chaparral, but a little bit more elaborated on the numbers, like Garamond Premier Pro...

Tks!