looking for a font which is close to Caslon Antique

rabbits77

Mar 24, 2011, 1:12:54 PM3/24/11
I am looking for a font which is like Caslon Antique Regular
but I'd also like a font that includes greek letters.
Is this possible?
That is, I want Caslon Antique Regular with greek letters but
since that doesn't seem to exist(or does it?). Is there something
"close enough"?
Thanks!

Bill

Mar 25, 2011, 5:38:29 PM3/25/11

Perhaps Caslon Antique has a pro font with the Greek alphabet.

Bill

rabbits77

Mar 26, 2011, 7:33:23 PM3/26/11
Clearly based on previous threads I know little about the font
business. ;)
Where would one find such a beast(i.e. "pro font") ?
This isn't really something I need but I am curious and it might
be useful to me in the future...

Bill

Mar 27, 2011, 10:47:00 PM3/27/11
On Mar 26, 7:33 pm, rabbits77 <rabbit...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> On 3/25/11 5:38 PM, Bill wrote:> On Mar 24, 1:12 pm, rabbits77<rabbit...@my-deja.com>  wrote:
> >> I am looking for a font which is like Caslon Antique Regular
> >> but I'd also like a font that includes greek letters.
> >> Is this possible?
> >> That is, I want Caslon Antique Regular with greek letters but
> >> since that doesn't seem to exist(or does it?). Is there something
> >> "close enough"?
> >> Thanks!
>
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------

> > Perhaps Caslon Antique has a pro font with the Greek alphabet.
>
> Clearly based on previous threads I know little about the font
> business. ;)
> Where would one find such a beast(i.e. "pro font") ?
> This isn't really something I need but I am curious and it might
> be useful to me in the future...

Pro Fonts offer extended language support since they offer many
additional glyphs. Here's some information...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenType#Extended_language_support

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenType

Bill

Bill

Mar 27, 2011, 11:28:58 PM3/27/11
On Mar 26, 7:33 pm, rabbits77 <rabbit...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> On 3/25/11 5:38 PM, Bill wrote:> On Mar 24, 1:12 pm, rabbits77<rabbit...@my-deja.com>  wrote:
> >> I am looking for a font which is like Caslon Antique Regular
> >> but I'd also like a font that includes greek letters.
> >> Is this possible?
> >> That is, I want Caslon Antique Regular with greek letters but
> >> since that doesn't seem to exist(or does it?). Is there something
> >> "close enough"?
> >> Thanks!
>
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-------------------------

> > Perhaps Caslon Antique has a pro font with the Greek alphabet.
>
> Clearly based on previous threads I know little about the font
> business. ;)
> Where would one find such a beast(i.e. "pro font") ?
> This isn't really something I need but I am curious and it might
> be useful to me in the future...

I took a look at my copy of URW's Caslon Antique T OT (the Open Type
version) and didn't see any Greek characters. Oriental language
characters, Hebrew, Arabic, etc. were all there, however.

Bill