Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) font?

DC

Jan 20, 2004, 1:49:17 AM1/20/04
Can anyone tell me, with certainty, which font is used in the Win9x
BSODs?

Thanks.

Andreas Höfeld

Jan 20, 2004, 8:16:16 AM1/20/04
"DC" <dcm...@myrealbox.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:slrnc0pjrd....@moosemeat.ca.INVALID...

> Can anyone tell me, with certainty, which font is used in the Win9x
> BSODs?

Yep. It is the text font wired into your video card.

Andreas

DC

Jan 20, 2004, 2:53:04 PM1/20/04
Andreas Höfeld wrote in <bujouq$9n9$04$2...@news.t-online.com>:

Okay.

So, there can be minor variances from one video card mfr to another in
this font? I seem to recall every BSOD I have ever had having the same
font, regardless of the system I was using. There must be a standard
that the video card mfrs use? If you know what it is called, I would
really like to know.

Thanks again.

--
DC

Lars Trebing

Jan 20, 2004, 8:11:35 PM1/20/04
DC wrote:

> Andreas Höfeld wrote in <bujouq$9n9$04$2...@news.t-online.com>:
>
>> "DC" <dcm...@myrealbox.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me, with certainty, which font is used in the
>>> Win9x BSODs?
>>
>> Yep. It is the text font wired into your video card.
>

> So, there can be minor variances from one video card mfr to another

> in this font? [...]

Yes. There are two quite popular fonts, though: The "standard" hardware
font used by most card manufacturers, and the ATI font used by ... guess
who. ;) Besides that there is (almost) nothing.

--
Lars Trebing | http://www.ltrebing.de/ | mailto:ltre...@ltrebing.de

DC

Jan 20, 2004, 10:14:03 PM1/20/04
Lars Trebing wrote in <bukjk8$il2a4$3...@ID-184670.news.uni-berlin.de>:
> DC wrote:

>> Andreas Höfeld wrote in <bujouq$9n9$04$2...@news.t-online.com>:

>>> "DC" <dcm...@myrealbox.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> Yep. It is the text font wired into your video card.

>> So, there can be minor variances from one video card mfr to another
>> in this font? [...]

> Yes. There are two quite popular fonts, though: The "standard" hardware
> font used by most card manufacturers, and the ATI font used by ... guess
> who. ;) Besides that there is (almost) nothing.

Thanks, but does this font have a name?

--
DC

Alan

Jan 21, 2004, 5:39:21 AM1/21/04
DC <dcm...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:<slrnc0pjrd....@moosemeat.ca.INVALID>...

> Can anyone tell me, with certainty, which font is used in the Win9x
> BSODs?

Have a look at <http://groups.google.com/groups?&th=1c4090c8fe6c04b3>

Alan

Jan 21, 2004, 5:46:36 AM1/21/04
DC <dcm...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:<slrnc0pjrd....@moosemeat.ca.INVALID>...
> Can anyone tell me, with certainty, which font is used in the Win9x
> BSODs?

This Truetype font
<http://www.dafont.com/en/search.php?nq=5&q=perfect_dos_vga_437>
was made to match the bitmap.

DC

Jan 21, 2004, 1:59:12 PM1/21/04
Alan wrote in <2a7ef8ef.04012...@posting.google.com>:

Interesting. Thanks.

--
DC

DC

Jan 21, 2004, 1:59:47 PM1/21/04
Alan wrote in <2a7ef8ef.04012...@posting.google.com>:

Just what I was looking for! Thanks!!!!

--
DC

gfddggv...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2018, 8:26:52 AM8/31/18
Win 9x uses the font called Fixedsys. Win Xp all the way up to 7 uses Lucida Console, but slightly pixelated. Win 8 all the way up to 10 uses Segoe UI.

vojta bubela

Nov 10, 2022, 10:02:40 AM11/10/22
what about windows 10 Font bsod?

Ammammata

Nov 11, 2022, 2:30:44 AM11/11/22
vojta bubela wrote on 10/11/2022 :
> what about windows 10 Font bsod?

are you planning a prank to some friends? ;-)

--

vojta bubela

Feb 17, 2023, 8:39:17 AM2/17/23
Dne pátek 11. listopadu 2022 v 8:30:44 UTC+1 uživatel Ammammata napsal:
no