Hoxs64 V0.5 BETA

David Horrocks

Jul 23, 2001, 5:50:04 PM7/23/01
Hoxs64 V0.5 BETA

Available at alt.binaries.emulators.cbm, alt.binaries.emulator,
alt.binaries.emulators.cbm, comp.binaries.cbm

Hoxs64 is an attempt to accurately emulate the Commodore 64 computer.

Features
A cycle based CPU, VIC and CIA.
All possible screen effects should work.
Support for .TAP, .PRG, P00 files.
Disassembler
The following games in no particular order will work with Hoxs64.
Pitstop2
Impossible Mission
Delta CCS64 2.0B and Win Vice 1.6 wont load this as a .TAP (my liitle
boast!)
Delta2
Zaxxon
Hypersports
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
Bruce Lee
Triad
1985
1942
Sidewinder2
Sheep in Space
Uridium
Airwolf
Spy Hunter
Bubble Bobble
Rambo
Commando
Chuckie Egg
Elite
Thrust
.and probably many more besides

Requirements
Pentium/Athon class computer 500Mhz. (1000Mhz recommended).
64Mb RAM.
DirectX 7.0
16 bit or 32 bit RGB Windows desktop.

Installation
Copy all files to the same directory.

TODO
Sound.
Program save.
CIA timer output to PB6-PB7
1541 Disk drive.
Full screen mode.
T64 support.

How to use Hoxs64
The keys on the PC keyboard map to keys on the Hoxs64. The less obvious
keys are as follows.
F12 Hard reset
F11 Soft reset
Page Up Restore
Tab Run/Stop
Home Clr/Home
\ or CAPS LOCK Commodore Key
# Colon
' @
[ *
] Arrow up
Num + +

Press F12 to reset Hoxs64.
Wait for the black boot screen to go away. (IMPORTANT!!!!)
From the menu select Tape / Insert and browse and select a .TAP file.
Hold Shift and press Tab on the PC keyboard, which will send a shift -
[run/stop] to Hoxs64.
From the menu select Tape / Play.
Wait for game to load.

Press F12 to reset Hoxs64.
Wait for the black boot screen to go away. (IMPORTANT!!!!)
From the menu select Tape / Load image and browse and select a .PRG or
P00 file.
Type RUN <RETURN> on the keyboard.
Wait for game to start.

The disassemble window.
Home Home to program counter.
Cursor down Scroll down 1 byte
Cursor up Scroll up 1 byte
Cursor right Execute 1 instruction.
Cursor left 1 display frame.
End Execute till FLAG interrupt or 10 seconds.

David Horrocks

Jul 23, 2001, 6:00:56 PM7/23/01
The binaries have not yet appeared. Please ask if anybody would like me to
mail them to an individual

David Horrocks

Jul 26, 2001, 3:24:59 PM7/26/01
I have an apology to make. It seems that my copy of delta.tap went corrupt
with out my knowledge (you just cant trust CD writers). So, CCS64 and
WinVice will in fact load delta.tap. Sorry CCS64 and WinVice

> Delta CCS64 2.0B and Win Vice 1.6 wont load this as a .TAP (my liitle
> boast!)

Regard

David Horrocks

Hoxs64 V0.6 Coming soon

Minor fixes to all chips. This will make the VIC-II perfect!