Linux-WinME Dual-boot

1 view

SneakyPeach

Apr 16, 2001, 1:41:21 PM4/16/01
I'm wonder about running a dual-boot system with WinME and Linux. I'm
running a single partition with WinME currently. I've heard that problems
with the system arise (when running a dual-boot computer) and the need to
format is not so seldom. What version of Linux is best for this (I have not
used Linux before, but have fairly good general computer experience), is it
possible to keep the current partition fully intact and how much disk space
may the new partition take, with a few apps on?

schmoo

Apr 16, 2001, 5:13:00 PM4/16/01
linux will sit totally separate to winme and never touch it, and afaik
unless you have certain apps, will never know linux exists on your system

if you install a lilo on the mbr you can boot into either winme or linux,

i have 2k/linux on here

"SneakyPeach" <sneak...@iwantmoney.cjb.net> wrote in message

Dominique Groosman

Apr 17, 2001, 12:15:19 PM4/17/01
You can always keep the current partition intact, you could use Partion
Magic to make the Linux partition.